Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

First I want to apologize if this question has already been asked. I was browsing the last few pages and I might have overlooked it...

Will there be a fully functional version of the Light IMDB Ratings addon for Kodi 18? I mean, will it get updates?

I ask because I cannot update to Kodi 19. I am using the Kodi Screen Reader addon which allows me to use the GUI with speech output. My vision is good enough for watching movies, but for the GUI? As far as I know the current version of the addon will not work on Kodi 19. So, I'm stuck with Kodi 18 for a while.

Thats why I would like to know, if you have plans to provide updates for the Light IMDB Ratings addon which will run under Kodi 18.

Again, sorry if this has already been asked.

Regards!
(2021-07-09, 16:29)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-09, 16:25)likeatree Wrote: [ -> ].....
Hi @likeatree, thanks for you post.

Actually the log you reported is not related to the eventual issue you are encountering. You should provide the update.log you can find under the addon_data folder (please refer to the first post for the details).

Let me know.

Thanks for the quick response, you help me solve my own problem. I guess I didn't follow the forum thread enough.

{move name} (IMDb ID: n/a, TVDB ID: n/a, TMDB ID: {tmdbid})...
Missing IMDb ID

Seems, I need to have the scraper actually populate the imdb id, before they can be updated. Makes sense!!! Thank you!
(2021-07-09, 17:58)likeatree Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-09, 16:29)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-09, 16:25)likeatree Wrote: [ -> ].....
Hi @likeatree, thanks for you post.

Actually the log you reported is not related to the eventual issue you are encountering. You should provide the update.log you can find under the addon_data folder (please refer to the first post for the details).

Let me know.

Thanks for the quick response, you help me solve my own problem. I guess I didn't follow the forum thread enough.

{move name} (IMDb ID: n/a, TVDB ID: n/a, TMDB ID: {tmdbid})...
Missing IMDb ID

Seems, I need to have the scraper actually populate the imdb id, before they can be updated. Makes sense!!! Thank you!
Hi @likeatree, just to let you know that for the TV shows the add-on automatically retrieves the missing IMDb IDs from the TMDB IDs; this is not supported for the movies. So, the current solution for movies is to use a scraper or media manager that fills the IMDb IDs. The next version of the add-on will retrieve the IMDb IDs for movies as well.

Good night!
«Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.»

See the first post for more information...  Wink
(2021-07-10, 13:45)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]See the first post for more information...
Thank you for the update. Very much appreciated.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-07-10, 23:38)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-10, 13:45)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]See the first post for more information...
Thank you for the update. Very much appreciated.

Regards,

Shedrock
Happy that you appreciate my work!  Nod

Have a good Sunday!
@axlt2002 Forgot to ask, this addon works only for local movies/tvshow (scrapped from local hdd, etc) or also for streaming?
(2021-07-12, 09:14)wasssu Wrote: [ -> ]@axlt2002 Forgot to ask, this addon works only for local movies/tvshow (scrapped from local hdd, etc) or also for streaming?
Hi! It works with wathever movie and/or TV show present in your Kodi video library. So, if your Kodi library includes also streaming content the ratings will be updated as for local content.

Have a nice evening.
Hi, since yesterday I'm getting this error when I manually update the imdb rating via the context menu:

Unable to connect to the internet. Please check your network connection.

However the internet is working fine and there's not much to see in the logs...

https://hastebin.com/ohapiduhey.less
(2021-07-16, 16:22)Fotospecht Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, since yesterday I'm getting this error when I manually update the imdb rating via the context menu:

Hi @axlt2002, I checked today after one week and even I'm getting the same below error when I try to manually update the IMDB ratings by clicking on the add-on:

"Unable to connect to the internet. Please check your network connection."

I'm using the latest version of Light IMDb Ratings Update v5.0.0 on Kodi v19.1
My internet is also working fine. Kindly look into the issue.

Thanks,
ShibajiCh.
(2021-07-16, 16:22)Fotospecht Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, since yesterday I'm getting this error when I manually update the imdb rating via the context menu:

Same here

ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://localhost:52307/getthumb&title=[COLOR white]Update[/COLOR]

Is the only error-line that repeats
(2021-07-16, 20:21)Gothico Wrote: [ -> ]Unable to connect to the internet. Please check your network connection.
I too am receiving this error message.
(2021-07-16, 16:22)Fotospecht Wrote: [ -> ]Unable to connect to the internet. Please check your network connection.

I don't see any error in your log regarding this issue.

Maybe someone else can provide a log that shows the error.
(2021-07-16, 22:26)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see any error in your log regarding this issue.
My log: https://paste.kodi.tv/zerexigaza.kodi
Same here, also with v 4.4.0.