Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-07-25, 14:22)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't seem to work in Kodi N, unspecified error. Enabling component's log doesn't write anything to update.log. Debug log is not available to activate anymore in Kodi N.
Hi @HeresJohnny, this is not surprising me...indeed it is NOT working as expected! Have I ever written somewhere that Kodi N is supported? I don't think so...  No

Have a great day!  Smile
Well, now you know for sure and can expand compatibility when you find the time. Have a great day yourself!
Not trying to be a pain here, but something is not right with this add-on. I have older TV shows such as Wonders of Life, Life (2009) and I used to be able to get the ratings without using this add-on, and even if I use this add-on to grab the ratings, it does not work. I realize that some of the external ID's are missing from TheTVDB, but why did this all work for me before, but not now? If TheTVDB is still free, then shouldn't it work?I also tried TMDB for TV Shows as my scarper and that doesn't make a difference. Can someone please shed some light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-07-30, 04:43)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please shed some light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated.
@axlt2002 please correct me if I am wrong.

This addon requires IMDB ID's in the database to function.
If IMDB's do not exist in the database, it will use the TMDB id to look up the movie/show/episode and retrieve the IMDB ID stored at TMDB (IMDB ID's are never retrieved from IMDB)
Once found, it goes to IMDB and, using the pre-retrieved IMDB ID, it then looks up the rating.

It does not do this with TVDB anymore as explained by axlt2002 in previous posts.

In v3.x and now the new v5.x of the add-on, if IMDB ID's do not exist in the local database and at TMDB, then nothing could be looked up. This seems to only be a problem with Episodes as contributors seem to place more effort in adding the IMDB ID for Movies and TV Shows at TMDB.

The version 4.x of this add-on used a faster, but less accurate method of updating ratings for episodes. It would look up the TV Show (not the episodes) at IMDB, then bulk download all the ratings for each episode as listed then apply those ratings to your episodes, so no iMDB ID's were required for episodes. Sounds right... but if your episode list did not match the list at IMDB, then ratings were being applied to the wrong episodes eg if you use DVD Order, or some other order that differed to the order at IMDB, or if the episode count is different like when the pilot episode is shown as 1 episode at IMDB and two episodes at TMDB. This is why you perceived the addon to still work, and why it does not work now.

I notice there is a setting in the add-on named Ratings update mode with a choice of Episode or Season. I have a suspicion this allows you to change which method you use to update episodes. If you don't want to update the IMDB ID's at TMDB and rescrape, then set it to Season and check if it works.

All the current Kodi scrapers download IMDB ID's (when available) in addition to the ID of the provider (TVDB, TMDB, TV Maze)
If you are using NFO files (wiki) then you need to ensure you have correct ID's in the nfo files. They look like this...
xml:
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt1190634</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb" default="true">76479</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tvdb">355567</uniqueid>

I see so many nfo files that have the UniqueID's missing, or using the wrong format shown below.
xml:
***** THESE ARE WRONG ****
<id>76479</id>
<imdb>tt76479</imdb>
<tmdb>76479</tmdb>
<tvdb>256987</tvdb>
<uniqueid type="default" default="true">76479</uniqueid>
@Karellen - Thanks for the detailed explanation. Very confusing for a novice such as myself, but I think I got the gist of it. I don't use NFO files, but decided to try using it on a few TV Shows today and it worked using TMDB via TMM. I also entered the IMDB ID's for Seal Team, then went back to Light IMDB but it still didn't even pickup all the ratings for all of the last season. I have no issues using NFO files for ended TV series, but to constantly update an on going series would be a nightmare for me. Also, adding ID's for episodes is far too much work. I am getting too old for this now. I miss the simple days when everything just worked. Sad
(2021-07-30, 05:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I notice there is a setting in the add-on named Ratings update mode with a choice of Episode or Season. I have a suspicion this allows you to change which method you use to update episodes. If you don't want to update the IMDB ID's at TMDB and rescrape, then set it to Season and check if it works.
I will try this tomorrow and see it this works for me.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Shedrock
@Karellen - I tried it set to Seasons and that seemed to have solved my issue. It is hit & miss with older British series, but that's expected I imagine.

As always, thanks again for you help and recommendation. 

Shedrock
Hi @shedrock  and @Karellen,

Thanks a lot for the interesting exchange and especially thanks to @Karellen for having perfectly explained how the add-on works. May be I was not so much clear in my previous posts.  Oo
By the way, after 5.0.0 was relased, the first post was updated exactly to explain the main features such as the differences between the two update methods namely "episode" and "season". I'm happy that now @shedrock has solved his issues using the season method, but please be aware that this is not perfect as the episode one.
As said in previous occasions, instead on acting on your own library, I strongly encourage users to spend a little time in filling the missing IMDb IDs directly on TMDB site so that you will also help the entire community.
I'm sure my add-on is not perfect, but with a clean and tidy library it should work without any issue. In case, I'm always here to try to help you in solving it!  Nod

Have a great August!
Hi Alex,

Did you by any chance receive my reply to your email?
(2021-08-03, 22:26)Cinephile Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Alex,

Did you by any chance receive my reply to your email?
Hi @Cinephile , nice to read from you.

Nope, I didn't receive any email. Would you be so kind to send it again please? Or you can also send me a private message.

Thanks!
LIRU 5.0.1
Kodi 19.1

Invoking ratings update from context menu at single tv show level (starting from MEDIA => VIDEOS => ...):

Code:
2021-08-29 17:15:11.415 T:11932 ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'UnboundLocalError'>
Error Contents: local variable 'jSonQuery' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\JPS\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py", line 16, in <module>
UpdateContext()
File "C:\Users\JPS\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py", line 13, in UpdateContext
update_context.open_context_menu( sys.listitem.getPath(), sys.listitem.getLabel() )
File "C:\Users\JPS\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\resources\core\update_context.py", line 61, in open_context_menu
jSonResponse = xbmc.executeJSONRPC( jSonQuery )
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'jSonQuery' referenced before assignment
-->End of Python script error report<--
It might be worth mentioning on the OP that if you happen to be using tvdb as the scraper, you won't get the IDs necessary for this app to work. Switching the scanner to TMDb for a source gets the ids necessary for Light IMDb to work for most tv shows.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources#Set_Content

Thanks for the app
(2021-08-30, 03:16)kingpin2k Wrote: [ -> ]Switching the scanner to TMDb for a source gets the ids necessary for Light IMDb to work for most tv shows.
That's true, but TMDB does not have tons of TV Shows. I had over 25+ TV series that it won't even find. Anyway, you can also change the setting to "Season" as was recommended by Karellen. It worked for me, but new shows it's hit or miss, so I've been trying to update the IMDB ID's on TheTVDB, but it's very tedious work.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-08-29, 17:22)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]LIRU 5.0.1
Kodi 19.1

Invoking ratings update from context menu at single tv show level (starting from MEDIA => VIDEOS => ...):

Code:
2021-08-29 17:15:11.415 T:11932 ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'UnboundLocalError'>
Error Contents: local variable 'jSonQuery' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\JPS\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py", line 16, in <module>
UpdateContext()
File "C:\Users\JPS\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\context.py", line 13, in UpdateContext
update_context.open_context_menu( sys.listitem.getPath(), sys.listitem.getLabel() )
File "C:\Users\JPS\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.light.imdb.ratings.update\resources\core\update_context.py", line 61, in open_context_menu
jSonResponse = xbmc.executeJSONRPC( jSonQuery )
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'jSonQuery' referenced before assignment
-->End of Python script error report<--
Hi @HeresJohnny, thanks for the post and sorry for my late reply...vacation time!  Cool

The bug you reported is something that from time to time happens also to other users. Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce it, so it is difficult to understand where it could be the problem. The only wayforward to debug it (and hopefully solve it), would be to share your video DB (the file is MyVideos119.db inder userdata\Database) so that I can run it on my Kodi installation.

Have a great day!

Alex
As far as I can tell the error happens when the add-on is invoked at file level, i. e. from the context menu of a source folder.
(2021-09-23, 07:25)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I can tell the error happens when the add-on is invoked at file level, i. e. from the context menu of a source folder.
Hi @HeresJohnny,

Thanks for you reply. Yes, I was performing some tests and found the issue (finally!)...I'm personally not used to go through my library using source folders and/or widgets in the home menu. I'm working to solve the bug...stay tuned!