Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-08-10, 21:49)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-07, 15:32)tmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response Alex
I'm in no rush, don't let me get in the way of a cold beer or three!
Have fun

Hi tmacca,

You have a private message. Wink

Alex

Thanks Alex

Really sorry for the long delay in responding - life (and holidays) sometimes get in the way :-)

I can read your PM, but for some reason I am unable to reply (or even send a new one) - seems my permissions dont allow it?

Anyway, I have the plugin installed. Also PHP will now install
But it errors when I run it as follows:

09:35:06.695 T:1277162480 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(1066): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
09:35:15.183 T:1277162480 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
Error Contents: [Errno 8] Exec format error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/library/update.py", line 228, in <module>
perform_update()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/library/update.py", line 222, in perform_update
if onMovies == "true": Movies()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/library/update.py", line 22, in __init__
self.doUpdate()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/library/update.py", line 60, in doUpdate
jSonData = getInfos( IMDb )
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/library/common.py", line 65, in getInfos
jSonData = Popen([r"" + binaryPath + "","-q",r"" + ratingsPath + "","-d","ID=" + IMDb + ""], startupinfo=startupinfo, stdout=PIPE).communicate()[0]
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 8] Exec format error
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2017-09-04, 22:47)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-02, 23:43)Jelf10 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-02, 23:27)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Jelf10

Can you check your pastebin link. It seems to be wanting to download a file, rather than the usual opening up a new tab and displaying the data.

ooops sorry pastebin

Hi Jelf10,

Thanks for providing the log.

Unfortunately it does not contain the needed information. After having started Kodi and with the debug enabled, you should go into the add-on settings and run a manual PHP installation...at this point in time I'm expecting you will receive the message that your platform is not supported...but the log should contain the information needed to make the appropriate changes to the code.

I'm looking forward for a new log! Wink

Ciao!
Sorry couldnt for the life of me find PHP addon thought it was a seperate addon.
Just realised its in the config Confused
Hopefully this time the log contains everything you need. Big Grin
Sorry for the delay.
(2017-09-09, 07:28)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-05, 00:32)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-05, 00:19)dziobak Wrote: [ -> ]or you can cache this pairs TVDB ID->IMDB ID in local table -> write to file after, read from file before.

You will make one API key only for application and this way is ok (for testing my little prog I used key from other app also)

I guess it would be preferrable to save the IMDB ID in the TV Show/Episode information of the Kodi library in the uniqueid field.

About the single API key...how it will be managed if used by differnet users? Let's say 100 users with a library of 100 Episodes (I guess it will be quite more...)...this is already bringing to 10000 requests to the site...do you know if there is a limit to the number if queries?

Easier said then done, but you can add a field where the user can populate their personal API Key

In this case is also easy to implement! Wink

At the moment the point is just to have some free time to put the hands on the code...I hope I will be able to do that soon! Nod
(2017-09-09, 17:38)Jelf10 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-04, 22:47)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-02, 23:43)Jelf10 Wrote: [ -> ]ooops sorry pastebin

Hi Jelf10,

Thanks for providing the log.

Unfortunately it does not contain the needed information. After having started Kodi and with the debug enabled, you should go into the add-on settings and run a manual PHP installation...at this point in time I'm expecting you will receive the message that your platform is not supported...but the log should contain the information needed to make the appropriate changes to the code.

I'm looking forward for a new log! Wink

Ciao!
Sorry couldnt for the life of me find PHP addon thought it was a seperate addon.
Just realised its in the config Confused
Hopefully this time the log contains everything you need. Big Grin
Sorry for the delay.

Not the case to be sorry Jelf10! Wink

Yes, the log contains now all the needed information. I'm going to provide you a test build as soon as possible...not so much free time at the moment! Confused
(2017-09-09, 10:43)tmacca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-10, 21:49)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-07, 15:32)tmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response Alex
I'm in no rush, don't let me get in the way of a cold beer or three!
Have fun

Hi tmacca,

You have a private message. Wink

Alex

Thanks Alex

Really sorry for the long delay in responding - life (and holidays) sometimes get in the way :-)

I can ready your PM, but for some reason I am unable to reply (or even send a new one) - seems my permissions dont allow it?

Anyway, I have the plugin installed. Also PHP will now install
But it errors when I run it as follows:

09:35:06.695 T:1277162480 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(1066): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
09:35:15.183 T:1277162480 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
Error Contents: [Errno 8] Exec format error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/library/update.py", line 228, in <module>
perform_update()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/library/update.py", line 222, in perform_update
if onMovies == "true": Movies()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/library/update.py", line 22, in __init__
self.doUpdate()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/library/update.py", line 60, in doUpdate
jSonData = getInfos( IMDb )
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/library/common.py", line 65, in getInfos
jSonData = Popen([r"" + binaryPath + "","-q",r"" + ratingsPath + "","-d","ID=" + IMDb + ""], startupinfo=startupinfo, stdout=PIPE).communicate()[0]
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 8] Exec format error
-->End of Python script error report<--

Hi tmacca! Really nice to read from you! Hopefully life and holidays have higher priority than this nerd stuffs! Wink

Ok, it seems that there is an issue with the PHP modules that have been installed. Honestly, I personally can't do anything related to that...but I have one guy in mind that could help me! Nod

Hope to have good news for OSMC users soon..
Thanks Alex, I'll leave it with you. Would be great if we could get this working on OSMC :-)
OK, so currently the addon is not updating anything (nor movies neither TV Shows). It speed runs through all of them, says "ratings update finished" (or something like that) but it's not producing any results.

Debug log (only for TV Shows) follows:

http://sprunge.us/ZVVe

If needed I can also post a debug log of Movie scan

PS: This is being reproduced on a fresh Libreelec install (version 8.1.1 AKA Krypton 17.4) running the latest version of Light IMDB Rating Update
(2017-09-12, 01:18)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so currently the addon is not updating anything (nor movies neither TV Shows). It speed runs through all of them, says "ratings update finished" (or something like that) but it's not producing any results.

PS: This is being reproduced on a fresh Libreelec install (version 8.1.1 AKA Krypton 17.4) running the latest version of Light IMDB Rating Update

Hi djhifi,

I have just tried an update for Movies and TV Shows and there have been no issues. From the log I can guess it was a temporary issue with IMDb site itself. Can you give it a try again?

Thanks!
(2017-09-10, 14:58)tmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Alex, I'll leave it with you. Would be great if we could get this working on OSMC :-)

Hi tmacca and Jelf10,

Can you please try the following command to download the php binary on your platform?

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install php7.0-cgi

Please refer also to this page for more details for Debian 8 (jessie).

Once downloaded, can you provide me that file so I can write a test build of the add-on?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alex
(2017-09-12, 14:34)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-12, 01:18)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so currently the addon is not updating anything (nor movies neither TV Shows). It speed runs through all of them, says "ratings update finished" (or something like that) but it's not producing any results.

Hi djhifi,

I have just tried an update for Movies and TV Shows and there have been no issues. From the log I can guess it was a temporary issue with IMDb site itself. Can you give it a try again?

Thanks!

Nope, it's all the same. Still speed running through all my movies and TV Shows with no visible results.

http://sprunge.us/IfAf
(2017-09-12, 19:21)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-12, 14:34)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi djhifi,

Thanks!

Nope, it's all the same. Still speed running through all my movies and TV Shows with no visible results.

It seems your kodi/script cant access imdb.
Btw you are using Emby, Emby itself already updates votes etc.
Everything you do in kodi with this addon here Emby will overwrite it on a later date when it updates the library.
Only watched status will be kept, or you have to change Emby's behavior towards updates.

The debug only reveales it can't access imdb, thats why it runs thru it so quickly.
So far the rest seems to be running ok, but axlt2002 has to confirm that tho Smile
Hi all!

Just a quick question: Where do I see, which movies were updated? There seems to be no entry in the Kodi log. Or do I have to turn on debug logging for seeing that?

I manually run the update, and it did take a while to finish. How can I check that the addon did update something?

Regards!
(2017-09-12, 22:40)voyagertm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-12, 19:21)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-12, 14:34)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi djhifi,

Thanks!

Everything you do in kodi with this addon here Emby will overwrite it on a later date when it updates the library.
Only watched status will be kept, or you have to change Emby's behavior towards updates.

The debug only reveales it can't access imdb, thats why it runs thru it so quickly.
So far the rest seems to be running ok, but axlt2002 has to confirm that tho Smile

Sorry but you are wrong. Emby is not overwritting the database on each update addon side (incremental update). Also, emby for kodi addon is currently not updating votes from my main server.
Please bear in mind that EMBY has an addon for KODI which I use, to auto update the database. Which it does and currently its not messing with the ratings on this addon.

But what does it mean my KODI/SCRIPT cant access IMDB? I have internet access on my kodi machine. Do i need some sort of script/addon? As I mentioned, this is a fresh libreelec install...
(2017-09-12, 22:50)donkamillo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all!

Just a quick question: Where do I see, which movies were updated? There seems to be no entry in the Kodi log. Or do I have to turn on debug logging for seeing that?

I manually run the update, and it did take a while to finish. How can I check that the addon did update something?

Regards!

Hi donkamillo,

To exactly check the movies that have been updated, you have to enable the kodi log. Than, you can search for the label [Light IMDb Ratings Update] to find the exact entries in the log itself.

Another way to check if a movies has been updated, just take one, look into its information page to see the rating and votes and bouble check it on the IMDb site (according to the skin you are using you can check the Top 250 too). Please take a look to the first post for a description about how the rating update works (including number of votes and Top 250).

Ciao!
(2017-09-12, 23:12)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-12, 22:40)voyagertm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-12, 19:21)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, it's all the same. Still speed running through all my movies and TV Shows with no visible results.

Sorry but you are wrong. Emby is not overwritting the database on each update addon side (incremental update). Also, emby for kodi addon is currently not updating votes from my main server.
Please bear in mind that EMBY has an addon for KODI which I use, to auto update the database. Which it does and currently its not messing with the ratings on this addon.

But what does it mean my KODI/SCRIPT cant access IMDB? I have internet access on my kodi machine. Do i need some sort of script/addon? As I mentioned, this is a fresh libreelec install...

Hi guys,

Despite the debate on Emby Wink, the particular issue that djhifi is facing sounds weird to me. I guess that PHP modules have been correctly installed and, as reported in the log, it seems really an issue in accessing the IMDb site (or better, the answer does not contain any data!).

dijhifi, can you please run a manual PHP installation (through the add-on settings) by enabling the Kodi log?

For your information I have performed again an update and everything works ok.

Thanks for your collaboration!