Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Build 0.1.4 - jpg images and folder.jpg wont show over SMB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have added my SMB shares, but no jpg images will show under Pictures. All the folders are there, but when entering there are no thumbnails, just the default icon for a image. When trying to open the image, the screen just go black.

For Music and Videos I have made folder.jpg images for every folder, but these wont show either, just the XBMC default images.

The images and folder.jpg did work when mounting the drives, has it got to do with the SMB share, or is it just some setting I have misses?Oo
my guess is it's permissions.

i also wish i wouldn't have to guess. is it THAT hard to provide a log
I'm guessing it could be that we don't support VFS yet, so if the SMB client code needs those "hooks" in open/close etc. (for "smb://..."), it would be broken.

However, if you turn on the "native SMB mounting" option things will work fine.

-elan
Thanks, I will mount my drives and add them that way instead.
elan Wrote:I'm guessing it could be that we don't support VFS yet, so if the SMB client code needs those "hooks" in open/close etc. (for "smb://..."), it would be broken.

However, if you turn on the "native SMB mounting" option things will work fine.

-elan

I did turn on the "SMB mounting" option in XBMC and the folders and images was displayed - however, some of my SMB shares did not want to connect anymore, the window where I had to enter my login and password opened, and eventhough entering the correct information it would not open and after some attempts it said it failed to connect.

When exiting XBMC and opening Macintosh HD I discovered that I had lost my shared folders. After re-booting the Mac all the shared files were back under Macintosh HD, and after turning the "SMB mounting" option off in the XBMC and another reset I was able to open all my shared files again, both under Macintosh HD "shared" and XBMC. But alas, since turning the mounting option off, no folders or images were available.

So, the short of it is - "SMB mounting" causes the Mac to lose it shared folders under Macintosh HD, and also losing some of the XBMC sources (it was some of the video sources, but not all)

I use a Mac Mini 2.0, and if I can provide any more information that could be helpful, please let me know.
Your best bet is to mount the disks using OS X for now, until we get VFS working.

-elan