Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File size for remote on IPAD is over 3 GB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - My Kodi Remote app for IOS has a size of 3.12 GB. It's on the IPAD Air. It's version 1.5.7.

Any reason why it is this large a file? Thanks!
Hello pulper111,

You prompted me to check how much storage the Kodi app is using on my iPad and iPhone.

On my iPad I had storage in use of 309MB. I then cleared the cache and it dropped down to 21.3MB

It might be a case of needing a spring clean. Go to iPad Settings and scroll down until you find the Kodi icon. (it's probably near the top of the list) Select it and Enable "Clear cache on next start" Exit out of settings and launch the Kodi app. You should get a message stating it is clearing cache.

Once complete check the storage size again.
Thanks Karellen! that did the trick. Now down to 23.3 MB. BTW, what is stored in the app cache? Just curious.
(2017-06-19, 03:35)pulper111 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Karellen! that did the trick. Now down to 23.3 MB. BTW, what is stored in the app cache? Just curious.

Images. The size will grow again when using the app because of the images being downloaded and cached.