Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: After starting Kodi "Videos" marked in "Home"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I let Kodi focus on / select one of the items "FILME" or "VIDEOS" in the menu in "Home" after Kodi starts:

Or, can one create a shortcut to the search window in "Home"?

Started asking here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2605666
You'll need to add <defaultcontrol>ID</defaultcontrol> at line 894 in the file Home.xml in the 720p folder where ID is the same the id as the item found in that list. ie for Movies you want to use 10.

Also, if you install the 'Global Search' addon there will be a 'Search' on the home screen.
@Boyzie

I´m a bit confused.

Quote:How can I let Kodi focus on / select one of the items "FILME" or "VIDEOS"

Focussing on an item is different from selecting the item. The latter means, that you will enter the movie library if you select "Filme". Focussing means, that the item is highlighted but not being selected yet and you have to do that manually.

So what @Hitcher says is correct if you only want to focus it. If you want to select it automatically after Kodi starts (for being at the movie library directly after) then you have to do different things.

Just make it clear what you are trying to achieve.

Cheers
Quote:You'll need to change the value in <focusposition>2</focusposition> found in the file Home.xml in the 720p folder.
In that file
\Kodi\portable_data\addons\skin.confluence\720p\Home.xml
this is included
<focusposition>2</focusposition>

Changing it to <focusposition>1</focusposition>
or
<focusposition>3</focusposition>
does not change anything.

Quote: Also, if you install the 'Global Search' addon there will be a 'Search' on the home screen.
Yes, it is installed, but it does not allow to add items of the search results to the favorites, respectively to show the item in the movie or series list and then add it to favorites.

Quote:I´m a bit confused.
Ah, very sorry for this.

Quote: Focussing on an item is different from selecting the item. The latter means, that you will enter the movie library if you select "Filme". Focussing means, that the item is highlighted but not being selected yet and you have to do that manually.
Obviously there are different meanings of those terms when used for different programs. Sorry again.

Quote:So what @Hitcher says is correct if you only want to focus it. If you want to select it automatically after Kodi starts (for being at the movie library directly after) then you have to do different things.

Just make it clear what you are trying to achieve.
Yes, of course, thank you. Yes, just focus it, highlight / mark it.

Many thanks
Sorry, updated my post.
Thank you very much.

I have to lines containing "defaultcontrol", one of them in line 548, may be it is this one:

And this:

When I enter there (line 548) "ID" or "10" or "2" nothing changes.
E.g.: <defaultcontrol>10</defaultcontrol>
You need to add that as a new line.
Cannot get it to work, thanks anyway