Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Switch between displays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am using ubuntu 17.04 and have tried KODI 17.1, 17.3 and also the latest nighty but all have one problem with switching between multiple displays. I have laptop with internal displej (1600x900) and DLP projector (1920x1080) connected via HDMI.

Laptop display is set as the primary display and the HDMI projector is secondary display in extended desktop mode. If I run the KODI, it runs on the internal display. Then I change configuration in KODI settings from LVDS to HDMI and then KODI crashed. I can see only a black screen on HDMI output. Only thing what I can do now is kill the KODI.

If I set the internal display completely OFF in the ubuntu settings and set the HDMI as the primary output and after then run KODI, it normally runs on my projektor.

So, it is not possible to switch default display between HDMI and LVDS while KODI is running.

I have searched on this forums and I found nothink. Am I the only one who has problem like this?

Peter.