Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MPAA Rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a movie folder called Foreign with a mixed collection of movies in it( Spanish, Portuguese, German, Swedish, Korea, japan and so forth). When i scrape the folder with Ember with mpaa rating country as USA half of the movie doesn't get mpaa rating added for restricted movies. Is there anyway i can get mpaa rating added according with preferance( look for USA rating, if not add the country specific mpaa rating).
I use PINSENTRY for parental control and it has most of the country restricted.
The problem is, if it's not in the USA, then it's not MPAA anymore(correct me if I'm wrong). I believe what you are looking for are certifications. I personally don't use these and just use mpaa. With certifications though, I do not believe you get why it's rated the way it is(Example: Rated R for profanity).
MPAA is a full description of a rating, e.g. "Rated R for drugs, sex, bla bla bla". All other ratings like "Germany:18" or "Rated:R" are certifications.
Only IMDB provides MPAA.
Thanks Dan. I have one more query. Is there anyway in Ember to use US certification 1st and if no certification available then use selected country certification. My concern is some movies which gets Rated R certification in US is getting France:12 when scraped with certification country as France. So i want 1st preference for US certification.
Can this be added as a future enhancement request.

Regards
Enigma
(2017-07-09, 12:56)enigmaa Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Dan. I have one more query. Is there anyway in Ember to use US certification 1st and if no certification available then use selected country certification. My concern is some movies which gets Rated R certification in US is getting France:12 when scraped with certification country as France. So i want 1st preference for US certification.
Can this be added as a future enhancement request.

Regards
Enigma
Isn't MPAA the same thing as US certification?

Yeah it would be good to know how it chooses which certification from which country will fill in first for the MPAA, if there is no MPAA rating
(2017-06-25, 16:25)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]MPAA is a full description of a rating, e.g. "Rated R for drugs, sex, bla bla bla". All other ratings like "Germany:18" or "Rated:R" are certifications.
Only IMDB provides MPAA.
if there is many certifications from different countries, how does ember decide which one is the first choice to fill in for the MPAA, if there is no MPAA rating?