Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Library cleanup takes forever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

the cleanup of my video library takes "forever". In the past the cleanup was done within less than one minute. Now it runs "endless". Is there a possibility to cleanup the database?

It would also be an option for me to drop the video library. Can this be done? I just have a few videos stores on a NAS. It would not be a problem to start a re-index after dropping it.

Thanks a lot.
Tombar
Best to post a debug log first. Instructions are in my signature. After you enable debugging, restart Kodi, then replicate the problem by performing the clean database.

If it hangs, let it be for a little while 5-10 minutes, stop it then upload the file to a pastebin site.
hm strange. I just turned on debug logging and tried again. Now the cleanup worked within about one minute. Yesterday and today in the morning I had the "forever" behaviour. Strange, I cannot explain it. I have not changed the installation in the meanwhile, just added a few more videos to the library.

But looks like the issue has been solved.

Tombar