Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to view a list of failed matches?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running the Windows Store App version of KODI on a Windows 10/64 bit OS. The videos I am using KODI to organize are locally stored MP4 files, and for the most part things appear to be running great - except for two things:

1) Some video files are clearly missing from KODI's list, but I can see them in the windows explorer view. From all appearances there is nothing exciting/different about the missing movies than the ones that KODI lists, but it would be helpful if there was some sort of error log I could view within KODI that called out WHY the missing movies were skipped for import.

2) How to turn off "Hide Watched" functionality? I would prefer it if watched movies did not hide themselves. How can I turn this feature off?
You can view what's missing from the "event log" in settings after you did a scan.

Hide watched is an option in the side menu when browsing. Watched/unwatched/all videos
Thanks for the quick reply, I will definitely check out the event log to better understand why the missing movies were skipped.

Can you send me a screenshot or better indication of where to look for the hide watch film settings? I have scoured the sidebar and I am not seeing anything like the functionality you are describing. I'm sure the fault is at my end, but a screenshot would really be helpful to rule it out.

Thanks
Hit the movie button on the default skin 'Estuary', in that screen, hit the left arrow key a few times (or approach the left of the screen with the mouse) and a slide out menu will have some options, look at the 'All Videos' item and tap it a few times, the rollover will suggest watched status.

Looking at your log (wiki), will show you what is scanned and what didn't make it, likely because of nomenclature. Naming video files/Movies (wiki) you most likely can see the videos using file mode. In most cases, movie_name (date) as the title of the folder will do it... miss the date or wrong date, and the scraper gets confused, throw crap into the title and it fails. Check with the various meta-data to determine the correct title, sometimes it's a foreign title or release date in another country. I suggest a split scraper like 'Universal', scrape the source once fully, change the scraper, deny the scrape, enter the source and manually refresh the titles that missed with the new scrape, works for 99.9% of the time.... the other .1 is something not listed.
You guys rock - thanks for the help.

I was able to find the log and the errors make total sense. I'll clean up the filenames and I expect that will resolve the missing content issue.

The walkthrough instructions were perfect for the "Show all videos" issue. Thanks for the idiot proof documentation ;-)
Thread marked solved.