Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't Download Kodi on Windows Vista
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i try to download Kodi 17.3 Krypton on my Windows Vista machine i get an error that says "Platform Update for Windows (KB971644) is required". My machine says i have no updates available and when i check for updates it just says checking for updates forever.

is there a different version of Kodi i can install or am i out of luck?
Please enjoy a little reading here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311337 a few summation messages near the end should ring true.
You could upgrade your PC to libreelec.
And don't forget this article... https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-goodbye-windows-vista

In case you ever want to update to v18. There will be no support offered for v18 running on Vista.
Now might be a good time to upgrade to a proper OS
(2017-06-27, 08:13)Atreyu Wrote: [ -> ]Now might be a good time to upgrade to a proper OS
Already suggested that Smile
(2017-06-27, 02:35)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You could upgrade your PC to libreelec.
Upgrading a full OS to a closed OS with no way to start other programs is no upgrade.
maybe you mean a *buntu or debian or windows 7 to 10. that would be an upgrade.
(2017-06-27, 18:13)skybird1980 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-27, 02:35)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You could upgrade your PC to libreelec.
Upgrading a full OS to a closed OS with no way to start other programs is no upgrade.
maybe you mean a *buntu or debian or windows 7 to 10. that would be an upgrade.
nickr might be referring to an install of libreelec on a USB stick, leaving the PC to your discretion.
Yea that is an option @PatK. And I'm sorry @skybird1980, this is a kodi forum and I thought the idea was to make a machine run kodi. From a kodi POV libreelec would therefore be an upgrade wouldn't it?

Besides, you probably aren't aware of the ability of libreelec to run docker.

Yes if the OP wants to run other programs (he didn't say so), ubuntu may be better for him. Quite why this is relevant in a 10 foot user interface always escapes me.
(2017-06-27, 23:17)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Yes if the OP wants to run other programs (he didn't say so), ubuntu may be better for him. Quite why this is relevant in a 10 foot user interface always escapes me.
One example would be the lack of Catchup TV addons in Kodi, i.e. ITV Player, All4 (Channel 4) and My5 (Channel 5) amongst others.

I know there is a version of ITV Player out there, but of course the developer has long since been removed from the official forums.