Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: libreelec & tvheadend - recording to sd card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed libreelec and tvheadend on my Raspi 2. I can watch TV and use the EPG for most channels. However, I cannot record anything. In the log of tvheadend I can see an error message: Not enough disk space

The 32 GB micro SD is almost empty. I tried the default path, /dev/mmcblk0p2/storage/downloads/Recordings, andfile:///storage/downloads/Recordings

No success.

Any idea what is wrong with my setup?

Thank you.
Code:
df -h | pastebinit
dmesg | pastebinit
then paste the resulting links.

However it sounds like your device hasn't expanded the partition space correctly.

When installing the system from a LibreELEC disk image this is normally is a fool-proof process. The only time I've seen it fail is when someone used a fake SD card that wasn't really 32GB, so you might want to test your SD using something like h2testw or f3.

If you've installed your system using some other process, or upgraded from OpenELEC, then you might need to re-install from scratch using an official LibreELEC disk image - you can create a backup of your system (using the Backup option in the LibreELEC settings addon), flash the new image, then restore your backup and (assuming your SD card is not a fake) you should have access to all available storage on your SD card.
Here are the resulting links:

http://sprunge.us/HXNQ
http://sprunge.us/ANOA

I am convinced that the SD is not fake since I bought it from a serious and major supplier.

Apple PiBaker was the tool to install libreelec on the SD. It took me hours to manually install the TV channels. Therefore, I am a little bit reluctant to reinstall everything. Does a back-up store all relevant information for Kodi and Tvheadend?

Thank you.
Just to ask the obvious, you have told TVheadend to record onto the correct larger partition on the SD card?

On the control panel go to configuration > recordings > digital video recorder profiles and check the recording system path in the recording for options points to the correct partition.
I tried unsuccessfully the default path,
/dev/mmcblk0p2/storage/downloads/Recordings, and
file:///storage/downloads/Recordings
I can't comment on what the correct path would be (my TVheadend is on a seperate Pi running openmediavault and writing to a USB hard disk) but maybe @Milhouse or someone else can enlighten us.
@DarrenHill and @Milhouse

Thank you very much for your support. I found the solution. The path is: storage/downloads/Recordings
Thread marked solved.