Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Constantly losing my settings.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 4tb of media, movies, anime, and TV programs. As with any large collection, not all of it scrapes correctly. I have correctly named all the files, using Filebot. In some cases i have custom .nfo files. And once i scan the content into my library, it seems to work ok as far as metadata and covers and such.

My pi gets stuck every often, sometimes it recovers and starts over at the kodi screen. When it gets stuck completely, I can usually SSH into it and reboot it. When this happens, my settings are fine as far as background and resolution and such. But i have to go back and sometimes individually scrape many tv shows. Which I shouldn't have to do, since the nfo files should tell kodi whats in the folder. I was told to export my video library using the separate file option. But then it asks if it should overwrite current files, so Im not sure if it eats my custom nfo files.

When it gets stuck so completely that a reboot isn't possible without physically turning off the power, when i turn my box back on i have to change the background back and reset the resolution and turn the subtitles off, etc.

I use the addon watchdog, which might be part of the problem.

Im running openelec 8.0.4 Kodi 17.3 on a raspi3.
Quote:But then it asks if it should overwrite current files, so Im not sure if it eats my custom nfo files.

It doesn´t ask for overwriting "current" files. It asks for overwriting "existing" files. that means, if you answer with yes, all existing NFO files will be overwritten with the info in the database. So where does the info come from? I guess from the existing NFO files Wink. So it won´t change anything. Perhaps some media info will be added.

But if you are afraid, then just say "no" and Kodi won´t touch the existing NFO files and will still create NFO files for movies if they don´t exist.

Quote:My pi gets stuck every often, sometimes it recovers and starts over at the kodi screen. When it gets stuck completely, I can usually SSH into it and reboot it. When this happens, my settings are fine as far as background and resolution and such. But i have to go back and sometimes individually scrape many tv shows. Which I shouldn't have to do, since the nfo files should tell kodi whats in the folder

This sounds to me like your SD card is about to die. So I would make a complete backup of the .kodi folder somwhere and keep that. Just in case. For being save, I would buy another SD card to have something handy.

Quote:When it gets stuck so completely that a reboot isn't possible without physically turning off the power, when i turn my box back on i have to change the background back and reset the resolution and turn the subtitles off, etc.

If you pull the power plug without shutting down the RPi before, then you might risk file system corruption which will end up in a broken system. So if you suspect the watchdog addon being part of the problem, then disable it and see if the RPi still freezes.

You also try to provide a Debug Log after it gets stuck. So we might have a look whats goiing on.