Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cant get remote to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry Im not sure where to post this. Im very tech illiterate so please take it easy. Im running Kodi on my firestick using wifi. I cant get neither the Kore or yatse remote app to work. Ive changed all the setting in Kodi and still nothing, neither app will detect it.
Can you open kodi's web browser on your phone?
I dont have kodi on my phone.
Kodi on your firestick serves a web page. Your phone has a web browser. Can your phone web browser access the Kodi web page on your fire stick?
My phone doesnt see my kodi using google chrome if thats what your asking. Or do I need to have kodi on my phone for it all to work?
No you don't need to have Kodi on your phone. But you need network connectivity between your phone and your Kodi machine. Can you ping the firestick from the phone?
Yup I sent a ping and it picked it up. On question though. In the remote settings, I manually put the kodis ip address in. The firestick has a different ip4 address. Should I put that in the remote app?
Your firestick will have one relevant IP address. Use it.
Thread moved to Android - fire sticks don't run windows...