Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help: New here and cannot send private messages?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

Is there a possibility to contact the board admin?

I've registered to this forum today and activated my account properly, but I'm not permitted to send or reply to private messages?
I get this message:

Kodi Community Forum
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'RK_aus_S'

I've got a private message and I am now unable to reply. :-(

Regards.
try searching cause this gets asked a lot.

Second you do not need private messages at all!
Thanks. Didn't expect that this may be wantet.

Yes, you're right, I don't need private messages at all - but I thought it would be kind when I answer to a private message I got unexpectedly...
What kind of PM did you get?
am i the only one wondering why a 1 post user instantly receives a pm on the very day he signs up to our forum?

edit: apparently not :-)
Are there different types of private messages? I don't know; as I loggend in here, there was a hint that I have private mail?

Ey, what should I do against it? I didn't ask anybody here for private messages! I'm a newby who signed up here with the hope to get help - that's all...
We're curious at what kind of question it was.
Somebody wants to help me and asked me to provide short snippets of my M3U and XML file (I have an issue with Kodi EPG).
Thread moved to forum and website section.

There are post count and account age limitations on the PM system, as it had been abused for spam purposes in the past.
Such things are usually provided via pastebin.
Yup, what's been said. If someone wants to help you, then providing public pasebin links to those files - after a request on the forum - would be normal. If you've something there that you should not have, well, we'll respond accordingly - but PMing a new user to ask for private copies of files is very odd.

I'd suggest you respond with the pastebin links if you think it's acceptable.
Thanks at you all.
So I will read what Pastebin exactly is and how it works to provide my files this way.

Two questions:

1. Would it be against the rules if I post very short M3U and XML snippets directly in a post? Huh
2. Would it be against the rules if I mention my email address directly in a post? Confused
No

Yes (or at least frowned on)