Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple Movie Poster Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a large collection of movie posters in jpeg form and would like to allow the user to scroll through the posters for a movie from within Kodi. Is there a way to do this?

Thx
MC
just browse the pictures? Put them in a folder all together and add this as a source for pictures.

Or do you want something else? If yes, then we need more info what you are going to achieve...as this is the video support subforum and your question for now is image/picture related
There was a glitch in the Matrix. I responded earlier but I don't see the response so I'll try to remember what I wrote.

In the wiki it states that pictures are an integral part of the Kodi video viewing experience and I agree. A user sees a poster and is tempted to view the video. That's the reason for fan art, posters, etc.

So when the user sees a poster they like they should also have the option to see any other posters that may be available. I spent years collecting great posters for movies and would like to give the user the opportunity to right click through them when they are considering a movie.

This is not a boring separate collection of movie posters unlinked to anything. Rather just a request for being able to see all available posters for any particular movie.

MC
Still not sure what you mean...but let's start somewhere....

Let's assume you have a movie library with all the scraped information stored somewhere (either local on your machine or somewhere in your local network). All those movies are in separated folders matching their movie names and in those folders there are the movies files and probably the fanart and the poster for them.

Now let's assume further, that you have put multiple posters for that movie in that directory. So...many posters for the same movie.

Then you are able to enter the movie information and select "choose fanart" and from there "Poster". Then you might see which posters might be available locally and remote (on themoviedb.org ...depends on which scraper you used). You are also able to browse to a specific folder located somewhere (locally or on your network) which might contain either the specific posters for that movie or a folder containing ANY posters you own.

that's the first part......
---------------------------------------------

the 2nd assumption.....you have a folder called "Posters" somewhere which contain multiple kind of posters of any kind of movies in a single folder.

Then it's not possible for Kodi to select only those specific ones which are related to a specific movie. There's no database for it to determine if you have stored multiple posters for a specific movie.

Probably it might be possible if you have the posters separated in folders matching to their movienames. Something like this:

Poster (main folder)
--Alien (subfolder of "Posters")
----poster1.jpg
----poster2.jpf
--Alien2 (subfolder of "Posters")
----poster1.jpg
----poster2.jpg

and so on. If you then add "Posters" as a source for "pictures" you might have different Albums for each movie. But selecting them won't start the movie as you are currently at the "Pictures"-Database, which is not related to the movie database.

So....if you now would like to explain what EXACTLY!!!! you are going to achieve, we could be more helpful. None of those explanations is related to Video support. As Video support is about:

Quote:Discuss any questions regarding video usage inside Kodi

your question seem to be about picture-usage.
Here is what I understand:

Let's say he got the alien movie in his library
And he got 10 different posters for this movie

He wants a way to see all the different posters while being in library

Just don't know how it would work:

-auto switching every X seconds
-while movie is "highlighted" then pressing a key on his keyboard/remote/controler will switch to the next poster

No matter what, if I'm right then there is no way to do it in kodi right now
Using a skin that supports 'extrafanart' as a subfolder in the target movie, you could place images and with this option in place, the background would rotate the images. Would that work for this case?
Thanks for all the responses. The extra-fan art suggestion is intriguing. Can you recommend a skin that has this feature?

MC
(2017-07-02, 13:27)Longtime Collector Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the responses. The extra-fan art suggestion is intriguing. Can you recommend a skin that has this feature?

MC

I use the skin Transparency! which does support this feature https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=253679 but there are other skins that support this feature, check my signature for skin features and comparisons.