Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Streams not showing in the right ratio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm having a big issue with streams on my android box, they are coming out all squished like its trying to display them on a mobile thats vertical kodi its self shows full screen and properly its just the streams that dont, i have tested the streams online and know they they are the correct ratio so i think it must be kodi but for the life of me i cannot change the ratio settings

Try going to the settings while watching whatever. There you will find video settings. Then go to view mode. See if that helps

Sent from my SM-G900P
(2017-06-30, 18:03)Snyderbrad13 Wrote: [ -> ]Try going to the settings while watching whatever. There you will find video settings. Then go to view mode. See if that helps

Sent from my SM-G900P (typie typie)

Hi thnx for the info, no i tried that but after a day for google lol i found out there is also settings for the screen under Settings > Video and it was in there that i realised kodi wasnt set for 16:1 or something like that
Kodi tries to read the correct aspect ration from the video source. Perhaps you were just watching some oddball internet stream..?
Try the zoom function a couple of times. Hopefully the correct ratio will be available and stored in the video database settings.
Workaround...

Kodi Krypton Settings > Player > Display 4:3 videos as > Strech 16:9