Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ebook library server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for information on setting up an Ebook library server that can be run on the Openelec server.
I found the thread about an ebook/pdf reader in Kodi but that is not the same thing.

I currently use my desktop to host my Calibre library. We use Moonreader Pro and Calibre Companion to remotely access the server for putting books on our tablets/smart phones.
My goal is to have my Ebook files on my Openelec server hosted using an OPDS ebook server that can be remotely accessed over the local network.

I am open to suggestions on how to install 3rd party apps for this purpose on Openelec version 6.0.3 x64.
I am not particularly familiar with the technology (OPDS), but you have piqued my interest.

LibreELEC has the ability to run docker, which would probably be the best way to achieve the same. (Upgrading openelec-libreelec should be painless)
I hadn't heard of LibreELEC before, thanks for the point.
I did find a reference to something like what I'm looking for already exists in docker here: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/cops/

I'll have to create a live build to test it before I try migrating. Wink