Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cant download Movie info such as cover art etc..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just recently I downloaded some new movies and added them to my box. when I scan for new data it finds the new movies but says it cant download the movie information and asks if I want to continue scanning. Has something happened to the "movie database" add on? What is the best scrapper to use?
just take a look if the scraper in use has an update. For themoviedb there should be 3.9.5 available. Check if you have 3.9.4 installed and if yes, update it.
Thank you. Yeah that was the problem. Somehow auto-update got turned off on all my add-ons. Changed the setting and it fixed that issue along with some other minor issues I had been having. Thank you very much.
Got the same problem since a week or two.

Just checked the addon "themoviedb" and it´s updated to 3.9.5.

When updating the database it says "Unable to connect to remote server".

If I click on one of the newly added movies in the library it usually finds the movie or a few movies with similar names.
Lets say the movie: "The Terminator". I then have to click on the correct movie on the left "The Terminator 1984".
It then adds some info. Year, length and so on. But not the movie poster.... It just adds some screenshot from the movie as the poster instead..
Why?? Sad
@dacore84

Can you check you have the following versions...

TMDB 3.9.5
TMDB tvshows 1.3.6
TMDB common library 2.16.0 (found in settings>system settings>add-ons>dependencies.)

TVDB 1.8.5

Also, are you using the Artwork Downloader add-on?
(2017-07-17, 09:35)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@dacore84

Can you check you have the following versions...

TMDB 3.9.5
TMDB tvshows 1.3.6
TMDB common library 2.16.0 (found in settings>system settings>add-ons>dependencies.)

TVDB 1.8.5

Also, are you using the Artwork Downloader add-on?

Thank you so much for your superfast answer! I will check those versions tonight when I get back from work! Thank you again!

Also, I´m not sure if I´m using the Artwork Downloader add-on.. Got a Nvidia Shield and just downloaded Kodi when I unpacked it.. Should I be using Artwork Downloader?
You are welcome.

No, you don't need to use the Artwork Downloader. Just asked to make sure I had all the relevant information Smile
(2017-07-17, 10:58)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]You are welcome.

No, you don't need to use the Artwork Downloader. Just asked to make sure I had all the relevant information Smile

Thank you for all your help. I´m not really sure what I did but suddenly it worked again. I tried to look up all those versions. I then tried to deactivate automatic add-on updates and activated it again. From "set content" I changed it from "The Movie Database" to something... else... and then back again to "The Movie Database". And suddenly all posters were back, Both old and newly added.

So maybe there was an update that wasn´t installed? Maybe the "set content" change did it? Either way I´m really happy and thankfull it´s working again.

So thanks and keep upp the excellent work!
Thread marked solved.