Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Question about pirated systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read the post about the pirated systems and I need to know something. I was going to purchase this system and I want to know if it is one of the pirated systems that the original post was talking about. I do not want anything to do with something illegal. I am new to streaming and I know absolutely nothing about it. Please Help!!

edited to remove link Nickr.
Are you serious?
Piracy = Downloading/streaming movies/shows for free that you would normally have to pay for = Illegal.
Short answer: yes.
And check out this this little gem taken direct from the sellers own website:-

Quote:-
'For the most part, when live tv channels go down, they are replaced with a newer link a few days later. Live tv isn't as reliable as all of the other content on Kodi. We advise our customers to use Kodi like Netflix and search for the show you want to watch.'

Oh, and look, quite proud to announce to the world that they have over 7 years experience of selling these kind of devices that come with the most RELIABLE Kodi setup......So what that means in reality is 7 years experience of providing crappy builds loaded with shitty addons that stream pirated and illegal content.......and all under the guise of convincing the consumer that this is somehow perfectly legal to use and has Kodi's name stamped all over it.

Was just about ask if Ebay are supposed to be taking down these sorts of ad's, but apparently they deleted their original Listing which showed over 3000 sales in the past 8 months.

That gives you some idea of the scale of the problem if one seller has sold over 3k of units in 8 months.......Well, I hope this listing gets deleted as well. Smile I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if their main source of income suddenly dried up! Smile
Thanks for all of the information. I am so glad that I found this site before I purchased that item!! I think I am going to stick the regular fire stick for the mean time since I am not sure what is legal. I really appreciate the help. Blush
Silly thing to post on an open forum
What is? The link?

Yes and no. The member would like to convey a message regarding the link, the member has no choice but to post the link along with a valid and acceptable question. We then see it, note it and remove it.

Sure, it's not ideal, but how else can it be done? Smile
So talking of these horrible Amazon stick things, I'm on home leave right now in Las Vegas while moving countries again and noticed an absolute ton of them being sold on Facebook's marketplace thing. I've reported each one I've seen as selling illegal intellectual property, one by one. Do Facebook actually do anything or just removing them from my feed. They're selling for 90 bucks a pop, absolute crime.
(2017-07-08, 17:05)Ruckus Wrote: [ -> ]So talking of these horrible Amazon stick things, I'm on home leave right now in Las Vegas while moving countries again and noticed an absolute ton of them being sold on Facebook's marketplace thing. I've reported each one I've seen as selling illegal intellectual property, one by one. Do Facebook actually do anything or just removing them from my feed. They're selling for 90 bucks a pop, absolute crime.

There is a good chance they are just removing it from your feed. A lot of social networks refuse to take down illegal links if they have to do with copyright, unless it is the copyright owner demanding the removal.