Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Krypton 17.3 not opening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently updated from Jarvis 16.1 to krypton 17.3 on my fire stick and krypton starts to load then goes to a black screen then back to my home page... now, after research it looks like I need to change skin... problem being is I no longer have Jarvis to do so and krypton won't open??

Any suggestions please and thankyou
Simpr13,

At this stage I don't believe it is a skin issue. So for now I will move your thread to the Android forum where you are more likely to receive assistance. (if it does turn out to be a skin issue, we can move it back)

You need to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature below. Use the Advanced method as this allows you to bypass Kodi to create the log. Once you have modified the advancedsettings.xml file, just try to start Kodi. When it fails as expected, then upload the log to a pastebin site and link back here.
My guess it is your profile that gives you problems.
If you know where it is located remove and restart kodi.
Possible file locations for Android are

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

Another option is downloading the right apk package for Kodi 16.1 Jarvis from apkmirror

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xbmc-founda...1-release/