Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Install problem with Kodi 17.3 Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off Hello to the Kodi community. I recently purchased a smart home entertainment box over the internet called TVFrog. Long story short, not quite what I expected certainly not plug and play. The system came pre installed with Android Ver 6.0.1 Marshmellow operating system, 1GB of RAM, 8GB ROM, the CPU is a Quad-Core Coretex-A7 2.4GHZ I've connected the entertainment box to my home WIFI and HD TV. The box came with several apps preinstalled, i.e Kodi 16.1 JARVIS; Facebook; File Explorer; Netflix; YouTube and several others. After watching countless videos and researching how to set this system up for home use, the common first step and advise was to upgrade Koti to 17.3 Krypton. After a number of unsuccessful attempts a friend suggested I visit this site, hopefully someone can help me sort this out and get this box working. After downloading Koti 17.3 Krypton-ARMeaB1-V7a.apk from Koti's official web site I tried the following to install the new version and failed to install several times. From the "Home Page" of the device I opened the "Settings Folder" and from the options available under "Devices" I selected and opened the "APPs" tab than from the drop down selected "Kodi"
After selecting the Kodi app another drop down opened with only a few options, at the top of this drop down menu was "UNINSTALL" and "FORCE STOP" just below this line were other options for "Storage" "Data Usage" etc
Based on instructions re other videos I selected and clicked on "Force Stop" and backed out of the Kodi app to an previous tab and scrolled down to "Security" to open the tab where I noticed a tab under Device Administration allowing and blocking installs of apps from unknown sources. I select to allow and received a warning re vulnerability, I clicked OK to continue and closed the app and backed out to the Home Page. My question is: where would I find the option to allow installs of apps from unknown sources in the actual Koti app. Several videos have shown this option under "System" Settings ADD ON. My version of Koti doesn't provide that option anywhere or at least not that I've come across. Comments and suggestions will be most appreciated, hopefully this is any easy fix.
Thanks
Ted
Hint, there is an important START HERE thread at the top of this Android sub forum, I suggest you read it.