Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: stream not starting outside local network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When using the DVBviewer plugin outside my local netwerk, streams wont start in Kodi. EPG and channel info is shown correctly.

When I access the media server by browser, outside my local network, I am able to watch a stream with VLC player.

Using media server Version 2.0.2.0, Kodi 17.3.

Tried generating a debug log but no file can be found in roaming folder.\

Found location for log file on Windows, its not where Kodi says it is. May have found reason, will update if I solved it. Could be related to firewall.
Probably. Kodi nightly should also solve your problem as the stream requests get also passed through the DMS webservice instead of the dedicated UPNP port.
Thankyou Manül for your reply. It was indeed related to the firewall, had to open more ports on Windows, I fixed it by manually open port 7522 for incoming connections in Windows. So even when I had an exeption for the program still need to open the ports.
FYI: There's no access control on the UPNP port. So anyone having access to the port can stream your channels.

Nightly only requires access to the webservice port which has http basic auth.