Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VideoPlaylist behave like playing Audio files? How to change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

I recently upgraded from Kodi 15 to Kodi 17 on my RP2 with OpenElec.
I recognized now, that all the playlists (.m3u) for my video files I have behave different than before.

Those Playlists are generated on my Synology NAS, where the video files are stored. (something like "find foo*.mpg >playlist-for-foo-files.m3u")
In my advancedsettings.xml I have a substituted path so Kodi can access and play the playlists correctly.

On Kodi15,
I went to Video -> Files - Playlists and then opened a generated playlist.m3u. I then selected a single video and Kodi played only that SINGLE VIDEO from the playlist and then stops playing, which is exactly, what I want. I then start the next video manually. I do not want to autoplay all the videos.

ON Kodi17,
this does not seems to work anymore.
Settings "Play next video/song automaticially" for video/audio does not seem to have an effect on playlists.

Kodi autoplays the next video then I start a single video in the playlist.

As an inconvenient workaround I can disable the setting for Audio: "Play next song automaticially"

Then Kodi will not autoplay the videos in the playlist, but will also not autoplay any music (which I don't play via playlists) ;-/

So now I'm stuck...
And was hoping, anybody with more experience can give me a hand.

What I want kodi to do:
-play music continously as set up in "Play next song automaticially"
-play only one videos when started from a playlist.

Maybe the video playlists need a special extension? Maybe some extra setting in the as.xml?
Maybe some other poster can reply, but my experience was that the music "play next auto" only affected video playlist with content of music video or mixed. But I only use smart playlist, not m3u so need to do some testing.

scott s.
(2017-07-05, 21:27)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]my experience was that the music "play next auto" only affected video playlist with content of music video or mixed.
That seems to be true.

Question still is: how can the user

-play only one videos when started from a playlist and not autoplay the next video

It was possible in Kodi 15.
Nobody?
(2017-07-05, 23:12)xbozzo Wrote: [ -> ]Question still is: how can the user

-play only one videos when started from a playlist and not autoplay the next video

Really nobody?
(2017-07-22, 18:20)xbozzo Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody?
(2017-07-05, 23:12)xbozzo Wrote: [ -> ]Question still is: how can the user

Have you tried the advancedsetting 'playlistasfolders'.
Not sure if its what you want, but no harm in giving it a go.
http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml
Thanks,
I've tried that, but neither FALSE nor TRUE did change anything...

So it seems, I am the only one, who uses Kodi to play video-files from generated m3u playlists and came across this (I would consider it a) BUG ?

What would be needed to get this fixed?

Or maybe another (hidden) setting?