Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Struggling to get a 'Next Episodes' widget
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I recently picked up the 2017 NVidia Shield, and went ahead and put on the latest nightly Kodi 18 Leia build (Android ARMV8A 64bit). I also grabbed the latest develop build of the Kodi Emby addon, and it's actually been working really well within the Kodi 18 alpha nightly.

I ended up going with Estuary as the skin (since most skins are not yet ready for Kodi 18), and have it set up exactly how I want - except for one thing.

In the TV Shows section, I'd like to have a widget that shows the 'Next Episodes" of all the shows I'm currently watching. I played around in the settings a bit, and found a way to add a new category. I noticed that Emby had a category for 'Next Episodes', so I wrote down that path and manually copied it into a new category I made for the TV Shows. However, all this did was create a new button at the top of the screen (when in the TV Shows section of the main menu), that then opened up a screen of the new episodes when clicked.

While close to what I want, I was hoping to actually have a widget show the episode posters right on the TV Shows page (likely right above the 'Recently Added' widget). Can anyone point me to the right direction of what I should do to achieve that?

I see there is an Estuary MOD V2 skin - should I switch to that? Or is there a way to achieve what I want in the standard Estuary skin?
Any reason you are testing 18 rather than stable 17.3? Don't get me wrong, we love people testing, but it sounds more like you want a daily use system.
(2017-07-08, 23:43)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Any reason you are testing 18 rather than stable 17.3? Don't get me wrong, we love people testing, but it sounds more like you want a daily use system.

I wanted to get the voice control integration from the homescreen of Nvidia shield. My understanding is that v18 is needed to get the voice control like this.

I ended up going with the MOD V2 skin of Estuary, and it seems to have 'next episodes' built right in. So I believe I have it how I want it now!