Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin with hdd identification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

For quite a while, I have been looking for a skin for libreelec that shows when scrolling my database, the HDD number/name where the movie is saved. Unfortunately, and after several tries I couldn't find one.
This is because I have several HDD and when selecting a movie, accordingly with the HDD number, I could connect that HDD by USB.
Does anyone knowns a skin with this specification?
Thanks.
Bringing up the info screen in Confluence, and probably a few others, will show the path.
(2017-07-08, 15:41)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Bringing up the info screen in Confluence, and probably a few others, will show the path.

Thanks, but I mean showing the location as part of the movie info, next to rating, etc, while browsing the database.
No skin that I know of does this as it's 'ugly' info. Wink
(2017-07-08, 17:06)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]No skin that I know of does this as it's 'ugly' info. Wink

OK, it is your opinion, but more than beautiful I rather prefer practical and useful.
I will continue looking, and wait. Probably someone knows.
You can of course learn some skinning skills yourself.
(2017-07-09, 00:39)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You can of course learn some skinning skills yourself.

Of course. You are right.
And then, what's the point of foruns, and exchange of information, and making questions in foruns if, of course, all of us can auto-learn?
I only made a question about if someone knows a skin with a specificity.
Not knowing is OK. And you are as me:you don't know the existence of a skin like that.
But, thanks anyway.
On the other hand hitcher is a skinning guru, and if he doesn't know of such a skin then he should know. It is because of his comment that I commented that you may have to do it yourself.

As hitcher said, confluence does show the path in the GUI, so that might be a good place to start. There are also skinning pages on the wiki.

Hope that helps.
You'll have to edit whatever skin you're using and change one of it's labels to <label>$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]</label> instead.

As I said, it doesn't look nice though. Wink

(2017-07-09, 09:14)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to edit whatever skin you're using and change one of it's labels to <label>$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]</label> instead.

As I said, it doesn't look nice though. Wink

I didn't know that Hitcher is a "skinning guru"! Very nice.
Hitcher: thanks for your reply. It contains for sure information with which I can start working with. But I Have some questions before going deep in changing the labels.

1) I liked very much the skin you showed as example. Which is it?

2) Instead of the complete path, is there anyway of showing only the HDD name? For example, HDD "Movies 1", "Movies 2", etc?

3) Can you please indicate me a good tutorial for that task?

Thanks a lot!
(2017-07-09, 15:58)jonascotch Wrote: [ -> ]1) I liked very much the skin you showed as example. Which is it?
Confluence.

(2017-07-09, 15:58)jonascotch Wrote: [ -> ]2) Instead of the complete path, is there anyway of showing only the HDD name? For example, HDD "Movies 1", "Movies 2", etc?
That gets a bit more complicated. The easiest way would be to use a variable and string contains conditions.

Replace -

Code:
<label2>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</label2>

in the viewtype you want with -

Code:
<label2>$VAR[HDD_ID]</label2>

And then add this to the includes.xml file -

Code:
<variable name="HDD_ID">
    <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Movies 1)">Movies 1</value>
    <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Movies 2)">Movies 2</value>
    <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Movies 3)">Movies 3</value>
    <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Movies 4)">Movies 4</value>
</variable>

(2017-07-09, 15:58)jonascotch Wrote: [ -> ]3) Can you please indicate me a good tutorial for that task?

Skinning for Kodi
(2017-07-09, 16:16)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-09, 15:58)jonascotch Wrote: [ -> ]1) I liked very much the skin you showed as example. Which is it?
Confluence.

(2017-07-09, 15:58)jonascotch Wrote: [ -> ]2) Instead of the complete path, is there anyway of showing only the HDD name? For example, HDD "Movies 1", "Movies 2", etc?
That gets a bit more complicated. The easiest way would be to use a variable and string contains conditions.

Replace -

Code:
<label2>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</label2>

in the viewtype you want with -

Code:
<label2>$VAR[HDD_ID]</label2>

And then add this to the includes.xml file -

Code:
<variable name="HDD_ID">
    <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Movies 1)">Movies 1</value>
    <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Movies 2)">Movies 2</value>
    <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Movies 3)">Movies 3</value>
    <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Movies 4)">Movies 4</value>
</variable>

(2017-07-09, 15:58)jonascotch Wrote: [ -> ]3) Can you please indicate me a good tutorial for that task?

Skinning for Kodi

Thanks a lot, Hitcher!