Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multi monitors, video scaling issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I have connected 3 monitors full HD on my laptop (hisense 40inch ledn40p36d) . I succeed to play some movies by extended kodi in window mode and using the video scaling method bilinear and video mode stretch 16:9.The scaling and the movie are perfect.

But there is only some of the movies I can use the video scaling method bilinear. But when I can't use bilinear (I have tried all the method available, dxva, lanczos, spline 360, bicubic, auto) the video scaling seems to extend the movie on the 3 monitors but the third monitor stay black. So only 2/3 of the movie appears and the 1/3 is non visible on the 3rd screen.

My computer is an acer aspire v nitro with a gtx 960m, I have windows 10 and kodi krypton. The 3 screens are plugged by hdmi, USB c and one by USB to hdmi display port.

I was thinking it can depend of the quality of the movie and video. But I have used movie with the same format and resolution and some display on the 3 monitor with the bilinear scaling method and on some the bilinear scaling method is not available.

I think my issue would be solve by being able to activate the bilinear scaling on all movies and videos

Any ideas? Or solution to fix my issue

Thank you Smile
Kodi is not designed to play across multiple monitors as yet. I understand there will be support in future versions (not v18).

I consider you lucky to get as far as you did with some movies, but there is no support that can be offered to resolve your question.