Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how do i stop kodi searching for subs when I try to play a video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I obviously did something at one stage to make this happen ie I start to play a video in kodi. It will play for second. Then stop and display a list of subs, or say something like "No subs found"
Can anyone tell me, how to turn this off, please?
I have tried going into system/video/subtitles and changing default language to none. But that didn't work.
Could be an add-on.

Go to Add-ons>My Add-ons>Subtitles. See which one is active and disable it.
Thanks I did have open subtitles program. But even unistalling that didn't solve the problem.
Last thing to try, if you haven't already. While the video is playing, go into Audio & Subtitle settings, ensure Subtitles are disabled

If that doesn't work, then a screen shot and debug log might give more clues.
I had this option on for some time then switched it off. Dont recall precisely how, but maybe there is an addon "autosub" or something like that. May appear as "xbmc autosub". Not enitrely sure how but quite positive there is an active addon for that
Assuming you're on Kodi 17.x: (You didn't say.)
Make sure you have settings set to "Expert"

Settings -> Player -> Language -> uncheck "Auto Download first subtitle"
Yes am now on 17.3 but first used this feature on 13.3
It's "Autosub" under program add-on.

Sent from my Nexus 7
That add-on, "Autosub" is an old one that isn't even in the repository any more. The thread for it has been inactive since 2015. I'm pretty sure that setting I described above took the place of it. Just FYI.
My bad.

The "Autosubs" addon can be found in "My addon | Services" if it is already installed. And yes it still can be found in the official Kodi repo under "Services"

I tried the " Settings | Player Setting | Language | Auto download first subtitle" in both KODI 17.3 and SPMC 16.7 and non of them exhibit the "auto subtitle search" behaviour.