Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Olympic channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What happened to the Olympic Channel thread?
It is being evaluated to ensure it meets the Kodi guidelines.
(2017-07-10, 02:18)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]It is being evaluated to ensure it meets the Kodi guidelines.

Thanks that makes sense, I was concerned as there was a question on the legitimacy of the addon earlier and then thread was gone.

If it is somehow an illegal addon just need to know the problem so I know whether to remove or not.

Thanks for the reply.
The tip-off proved to be entirely accurate and the add-on, repo and user have all been removed from this site.

it is suggested that you uninstall both the add-on and repo.
I'd be interested in making a plug-in for Olympicschannel.com ... I'm a little busy right now, but could have one ready by next week.

Sent from my SM-G935T
(2017-07-10, 15:17)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]The tip-off proved to be entirely accurate and the add-on, repo and user have all been removed from this site.

I removed the addon and repo and look forward to a new plugin from Lunatixz.

Darren,

I am not very computer literate and I appreciate the people who are and make these addons.

Just curious what was wrong with the Olympic Channel addon.
It was @Lunatixz who was kind enough to raise the flag on the code initially (and confirmed by other team members), so he can answer more exactly. But it was using plugins and accessing other sites which went against the rules.
(2017-07-10, 21:49)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-10, 15:17)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]The tip-off proved to be entirely accurate and the add-on, repo and user have all been removed from this site.

I removed the addon and repo and look forward to a new plugin from Lunatixz.

Darren,

I am not very computer literate and I appreciate the people who are and make these addons.

Just curious what was wrong with the Olympic Channel addon.

The plugin did not parse (ie. access) the olympic channel website directly, it was using third party servers to offer media. Since Kodi has no way of verifying the media it's not allowed.

Whats is alarming... all the code that allowed downloading files from private servers.

Users should remember plugins offer little if any security. Beyond the reassurance Kodi can provide by "Vetting" plugins for the official repository, you are on your own when it comes to directly downloading repositories and plugins.

IMO there was a number of red flags beyond that of just piracy with this plugin.
Thanks to both of you. I understand better now, look forward to Lunatixz new addon.
(2017-07-11, 00:19)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to both of you. I understand better now, look forward to Lunatixz new addon.
When its released you can find it here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318070