Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDD Path changes by itself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i install kodi on my android smart tv and when i add my movies and tv shows this is my originally path

Storge/2E5CC4975CC45B6B/TV Shows

when i turn off my tv and try to watch something next day my path changes by itself to

Storge/Z2E5CC4975CC45B6B/TV Shows

and sometime to Storge/X2E5CC4975CC45B6B/TV Shows

and i have to remove my library and add it Again and again

this is happen to me when i update my tv to marshmallow
Seems an issue with ur tv. Not Kodi.
What storage type?
Looks like your TV assigns a new name to the USB each time it boots. Try changing the name of your USB drive and a local format if that's possible.
(2017-07-12, 15:42)mchp92 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems an issue with ur tv. Not Kodi.

I Have another HHD and its work fine

(2017-07-12, 16:38)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]What storage type?

Seagate portable drive

(2017-07-12, 17:56)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your TV assigns a new name to the USB each time it boots. Try changing the name of your USB drive and a local format if that's possible.

how i change local format i have android TV and my HHD name is HDD1 and its shown on my tv like this 2E5CC4975CC45B6B not real name
Quote:I Have another HHD and its work fine
Yes that's what I was afraid of, does the other HHD work on your TV flawless? If so you might want to interrogate that device with a PC to check what format it's in. You might try to format this on a PC in Fat32 or NTFS to see if that would make any difference.
smart tv................ so probably SONY. And in that case, it happens to a lot of us. An it's not related to specific disk. And has nothing to do with reboots of the TV. In fact, reboot is the only thing that will solve the problem and mount the disk with propper path.
To me it was happening A LOT, realy A LOT (like a 3-4 times per day) when MM came out. And than it stopped for no obvious reason. Not it happens again but not nearly as frquent as before.
Just use a tv as a tv. Making a nice image. Leave the computer and disx stuff to a "real" computer.
I have the exact same problem with an AndroidTV, and yes, it's a Sony.

It's really annoying!
That's a known issue, see my bug tracker. One of the many standby and USB issues of those TVs. Just don't buy or return while you still can.

Same might be the case for Philips Android TV, as both use cheap MediaTek SoC.

Full reboot of the TV fixes it (long power button press on Sony or power cycling the device).
Glad I found this thread, thought I was going crazy seeing random letters appearing in front of the drive ID in the path for no apparent reason.

The TV is a Sony A1, using Kodi 17.6 with only the Titan add-on. The drive is a WD My Passport 2TB external USB, with a single partition formatted in NTFS.

The TV is running Android 7 Nougat, and the drive renaming nonsense has been occurring at least once every few days. I just installed a new firmware update that was released last week in Australia (the long-delayed "Dolby Vision update"), but I suspect that it may not fix this issue.

By the way, the bug report CiNcH had posted has been moved here. Does anyone have any update or official response as to whether this issue will be addressed by Sony? Anyone found any better workarounds than just rebooting the TV periodically? Is this a problem in Kodi 18, or has its device identification method been changed to mitigate this sort of thing?