Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tvheadend live TV hanging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm having a strange issue where Kodi hangs on live TV channel change. I am unable to reproduce the issue on demand, but it occurs on two independent installs configured the same on different hardware. It happens between 0 and 3 times per day.

Environment:
  • Server:
    • Tvheadend 4.2.3-19~g490b6f2 running on Ubuntu via Proxmox (although has been happening on all versions as long as I've had it running)
    • DD CineS2-v7a

• Clients:
    • Raspberry Pi 3 (same issue on Pi 2)
    • OSMC 2017.05-3
    • Kodi 17.3/ARM/Raspberry Pi

Steps to reproduce (sometimes):
  1. Start live TV on a channel
  2. Wait a few minutes, then change channel

When the issue occurs, the current channel's picture and audio freeze, but the EPG OSD info from the target channel shows. The only thing that changes after this point is the caching dialog in the OSD, the caching percentage climbs slowly until it exhausts all the system memory (verified by watching via SSH), at which point it usually just stops. You can exit from live TV and get back to the main menu during this, and all other functions of Kodi still work.

The only way I can recover is by restarting the kodi service or power cycling the Pi. The majority of the time, channel changing and all other features work perfectly.

I've tried numerous combinations of settings for the advancedsettings.xml, none of which seem to positively influence the issue. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to try next. Here's the kodi.log - it's not the debug log, as this gets to hundreds of megs while watching live tv and since I can't reproduce the issue reliably, it's a bit out of control. If the normal log is of no use, I will enable the debug and try to catch the issue again, although have no luck with that so far.

Thanks in advance
Hello,
Old post I know, but I'm facing the same situation these days, trying to set up the following :

- Server : a Rpi 3B+ with a TV Hat running Libreelec 8.2.5 & Kodi 17.6 / TVHeadend Server 4.2.6-7
- Client : a Rpi 3B+ running Libreelec 8.2.5 & Kodi 17.6 / TVHeadend Client 3.4.27.1
Both Rpis are on the same wired network.

TVHeadend Server configuration went well : all channels found, recording ok, timeshift too.

Everything is ok but very often, on both devices, the image freezes, I can't stop or go back in menus, I have to hard reboot the PRi. It occurs after few minutes or 1 hour, sometimes several times per day, sometimes none...
Most of the time freezes happen when changing channel.

Any ideas ?

Thanks