Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi v17.3 Won't Open With Fire Stick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just updated Kodi to v17.3 with my Amazon Fire Stick but it will no longer open up. When I click on the app the screen goes black then just takes me back to the Fire Stick home page.

I have tried every possible suggestion I have come across including taking the fire stick back to factory settings which removed Kodi. I have cleared the Kodi app cache and data and have used Force Stop. I have even unplugged everything from the wall socket before trying again. I am now at a complete loss as to why it won't open.

Any help is much appreciated !!
Thread moved to Android
(2017-07-13, 10:55)Stewart1966 Wrote: [ -> ]I have just updated Kodi to v17.3 with my Amazon Fire Stick but it will no longer open up. When I click on the app the screen goes black then just takes me back to the Fire Stick home page.

I have tried every possible suggestion I have come across including taking the fire stick back to factory settings which removed Kodi. I have cleared the Kodi app cache and data and have used Force Stop. I have even unplugged everything from the wall socket before trying again. I am now at a complete loss as to why it won't open.

Any help is much appreciated !!

try opening it from the settings > applications menu

no problems with Kodi 17.3 on firesticks V1 or v2 for me
Exactly same issue for me, went from 16.1 to 17.3 and it will not load on firestick.

Tried:

Uninstall and reinstall (probably about 10 times now from different sources to rule out a bad build / file)
Clearing cache/data
Resetting stick to default / Factory settings
Tried different internet connection to rule out my router

The issue is it displays the krypton 'preparing' splash screen then just flicks black and im returned to the home screen of FireStick.

So now im looking for a 16.1 download to go back !
Is your Amazon fire stick updated fully...updated by Amazon?