Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Re: Channel Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Was just curious to know if the new V.0.9.x release will support the creation of channel groups, ie (Entertainment, Movies, Documentaries, You Tube, Music etc) so you can filter the PTVL guide by group?
(2017-07-13, 15:18)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Was just curious to know if the new V.0.9.x release will support the creation of channel groups, ie (Entertainment, Movies, Documentaries, You Tube, Music etc) so you can filter the PTVL guide by group?

Sorry no plans on release to include sub-groups... I've thought about it, and I've even coded "initial support" for its eventual addition... But! it still requires a lot of work to add "EPG" support; However...
All other windows ie (DVR,VOD,APPS) can support filtering because v.0.9.x builds skin-able containers from Kodi listitems, essentially anything is possible through Kodis skinning engine... On top of that the "EPG" window doesn't have to include a "Guide" it also supports containers... so again you can make it do/look like anything you want!

Hope that answers your question...
(2017-07-13, 20:37)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry no plans on release to include sub-groups... I've thought about it, and I've even coded "initial support" for its eventual addition... But! it still requires a lot of work to add "EPG" support; However...
All other windows ie (DVR,VOD,APPS) can support filtering because v.0.9.x builds skin-able containers from Kodi listitems, essentially anything is possible through Kodis skinning engine... On top of that the "EPG" window doesn't have to include a "Guide" it also supports containers... so again you can make it do/look like anything you want!

@Lunatixz you're a filthy tease, flaunting your v0.9.x in our faces like this... Where do I put my dollar to see more of what you have to offer?
(2017-07-13, 21:05)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-13, 20:37)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]

@Lunatixz you're a filthy tease, flaunting your v0.9.x in our faces like this... Where do I put my dollar to see more of what you have to offer?

LOL, sorry... I wish I could work faster and still maintain some resemblance of a personal life Tongue

Tomorrows PseudoTV Lives project birthday... turning 4!

I'm hoping to have release a ETA soon...
(2017-07-13, 20:37)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry no plans on release to include sub-groups... I've thought about it, and I've even coded "initial support" for its eventual addition... But! it still requires a lot of work to add "EPG" support; However...

Aye, no worries. I suspected a lot of work would be needed for such a feature. Probably more a 'nice to have' than an essential. Thanks for the feedback. Anyway, time to get back to Trump and his tweets now!.......They are always great entertainment Smile
Cheers
(2017-07-13, 21:36)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-13, 21:05)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-13, 20:37)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry no plans on release to include sub-groups... I've thought about it, and I've even coded "initial support" for its eventual addition... But! it still requires a lot of work to add "EPG" support; However...

LOL, sorry... I wish I could work faster and still maintain some resemblance of a personal life Tongue

Tomorrows PseudoTV Lives project birthday... turning 4!

I'm hoping to have release a ETA soon...

Wowzers, congrats on turning 4. Looking forward to getting my hands on 0.9.x, but I know all about balancing that work/family/hobby balance. Keep up the good work buddy.