Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Only 1 Movie showing from NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought an Nvidia Shield that I want to use with Kodi to display my movies/tv shows that I have stored on a NAS (running FreeNAS).

I installed the Kodi app, I went to files and browsed for the Windows SMB shares. Kodi located all of my movies, and I selected the movie database scraper. It then scanned. After, I go into the movies section and only 1 random movie shows.

How can I view all of my movies via NAS using Kodi?
Watching one movie a night should be enough anyway ;-)

At which location did you set the content of movies in your folder structure?
Also, including a kodi.log file would help to see what else happens.
Thank you for your response.

Sorry, I'm completely new to Kodi and the streaming/media server community (previously, I was just using an old PC connected to my TV and playing the media files with VLC).

When you say which location did you set the content of movie in your folder structure, what do you mean? My NAS share structure is like this:

\\<NAS Name>\Media\Movies\<Folder containing media file named like this "Movie Title (movie date) Movie resolution">\Media file named the title of the movie

For example \\NAS\Media\Movies\Ghost Busters (1984) 1080P\Ghost Busters.avi

I followed this link for the setup procedure for "Adding Sources" http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

I am not with the device at this moment, I will see how I get get a kodi.log file from the Shield when I get home later today.
Try adding the year to the movie file name as well
Quote:\\<NAS Name>\Media\Movies\<Folder containing media file named like this "Movie Title (movie date) Movie resolution">\Media file named the title of the movie
@Klojum is asking which of the above directories is your source within Kodi.

If you go to the Adding Video Sources wiki page... Loot at Section 1 and the Image titled Step 3. Which directory is listed there... Is it:
* <NAS Name> or
* Media or
* Movies or
* Folder containing media file named like this "Movie Title (movie date) Movie resolution"

Quote:For example \\NAS\Media\Movies\Ghost Busters (1984) 1080P\Ghost Busters.avi
Also, notice how your movie directory and movie file are named differently? Make sure they are named the same so change it to Ghost Busters (1984).avi
This ensures you will always get a scrape regardless of how you have set "Movies are in separate files that match the movie title"
Thank you.

The source shows smb://<NAS Name>/Media/Movies/

I will try your suggestion of naming the folder and the media file exactly the same. The weird thing is that the single movie that did seem to scrape correctly is Media\movies\Contact (1997)\Contact [720p].avi so it is not matching.

Edit: Here is something interesting. I tried completely uninstalling the Kodi app and restarting from scratch. I don't know if it did this last time, but this time I got an error while scanning. "Could not download information. Unable to connect to remote server, would you like to continue scanning?"
Ugh, that was the issue. I must have told it to stop scanning when that popped up last night. Sorry for wasting your time guys.

This time, that error popped up quiet a few times, but I just kept telling it to continue scanning until it finished. It now appears to be working normally.