Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Random play Music and Video (clips)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to randomly play music files and video from one folder, but I cannot get it to work. I have tried with smart playlists but then I only seem to get the video files.

What's the best way to make this work, if possible.

Regards
Johan
Make one playlist (smart or not) for music and one for music videos and then another smart playlist to combine these. It's how I do it.
(2017-07-13, 16:24)DarkHelmet Wrote: [ -> ]Make one playlist (smart or not) for music and one for music videos and then another smart playlist to combine these. It's how I do it.

Thanks, haven't tried that so I will try to see if I can get this to work.
Hi,I tried the trick with the playlists. I managed to get the songs and videoclips in one listing, but was not able to get them random played. Also when a music song ended, the video clip therafter was not played and vice versa.
So any idea what i'm doin wrong, or is this simply not possible with Kodi and Aeon Madnox?
Which Kodi version do you use? There were problems with a mixed playlist and with the random function in smart playlists up until Kodi 17 and that sounds exactly like the problems that you describe. I had exactly that behaviour too but it was fixed with kodi 17.
Hi DarkHelmet, i'm using Kodi 17.3 with Aeon Madnox on Windows 10. But perhaps i need to do a reinstall due to various expirements/testing etc.