Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: subtitle download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
can i download a subtitle without going to play movie i mean without being in the OSD
since i use external player?
Yes you can. See section 4 here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitle
i am sorry but can you show me where it is
because i can't find it
i mean can i download them through the home screen or through an add on
Subtitle providers have their addon you can download. Install it and select the subtitle provider in the Language section of the Player settings.

EDIT: and yes, that wiki page on subtitles does need some updating Smile
but can't download them until i play the video
what i want is to download the subtitle in the home screen and then playing it in the external player
What do you mean by External Player?

And I suppose that is what happens when you are not clear with your question. I read your original question as just wanting to manually download a subtitle file... outside of Kodi
sorry if i don't write my question well
i am using kodi and play the movies from kodi but not with kodi media player i use mx player
what i want is download subtitle within kodi without playing the kodi media player
The internal Kodi addons for subtitles get their info from a running video. If that becomes an external player, I don't think those addons still work. You could have a look at FileBot, it's a standalone application that, amongst other things, can download subtitles.
OK thanks
i will give it a try
You could install the subtitle dialog context menu add-on. That way you go to the movie list, open the context menu for that item you are positioned on and download the subtitles you need.

https://github.com/burekas7/context.subt.../README.md

That is if you are using Kodi!
thank you for post but i download an it says subscene error log?
It only works with some subtitle add-ons, they're mentioned in the description.
Also I believe opensubtitles by opensubtitles works -- not sure about the one in the kodi repo.
i have tried all the add-on subtitle service is all says no subtitle found or error log
Anyways, I never really liked this addon.
Give the autosubs addon a try. It automatically downloads a subtitle when starting your movie.