Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Youtube as screensaver?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to set a youtube video as the kodi screensaver? I'd like to set a live stream as the screensaver.
(2017-07-14, 23:38)locoguano Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to set a youtube video as the kodi screensaver? I'd like to set a live stream as the screensaver.

Yes, use my Video Screensaver available in the official Kodi repository.
https://kodi.tv/addon/screensaver/video-screensaver

Navigate the browse option, go to youtube plugin and find your link, or you can use a strm that points to the youtube video.... ie

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=123
123 being the youtube video id found by going to their website and looking for your video.
@Lunatixz , many thanks your screensaver.
I've added my private Youtube playlist as screensaver - works well (it hangs sometimes and the quality is not good, but looks like this is Youtube problem).

The only bug I noticed - when I've chosen local video once, I haven't found a way to return to initial Library Video screen to choose Add-ons. So I had to edit addon settings.xml file manually.
Click "Default" in settings...
Thanks, I was looking for something like this, but haven't found.

I've just got another question - I have about 800 videos in my playlist, 500 videos are chosen in your addon. But it shows the same videos again and again - looks like random is not the best. Is there any way to fix it?
I looked at the source code. Looks like you rely on standard Files.GetDirectory and sort method random to get a randomized list. 
I think there could be 2 types of problems with youtube playlist:
1) when I say that I would like to receive 500 videos, YouTube plugin returns just 10 (or whatever number of videos are shown on the first page of Kodi screen)
2) random method doesn't work properly with YouTube plugin...