Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: H96 Pro+ Kodi & Android updgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to update my H96 PRO+ Amlogic S912 Octa-Core android box with the latest Kodi media center.

Do I use the ARMV8A(64 bit) version. Where does it tell me if I it is 32 or 64 bit?

Also I am wondering if I should be updating the android operating system on it?

Thanks in advance for you help!

Rick
Update from the Google Play.

You have 32 bit version of Android. The hardware is 64 bit but OS on all chinese devices is 32 bit.

If you can, update by all means. But chinese devices NEVER receive any updates, there are too many of them and they're too cheap to bother....
Thank you for the Quick response! I assume that ARMV8A(32 bit) is the best option then?

Can you recommend a 64-bit unit that I can look at purchasing.

Thanks,

Rick
NVIDIA Shield runs 64bit Android OS.

In reality there should be no difference between 32bit Android vs 64bit Android.

You should be concentrating on Android devices with top quality Fireware not what 32/64 bit OS they use.

See this thread:

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated July 2017)
I just pick up a nvidia shield last night it been weeks and weeks making a decision which box should I get should I get a Chinese version or go with nvidia and last night I went to bestbuy and pick 1 up