Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hangs when scanning cuesheets into library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was trying to scrape information for my music files but it always hangs at the same place 12% completed. The path shows rar:// at the beginning of the file path when it hangs. I tried two different scrapers and still have the same problem. The file paths were pretty long so I tried to shorten them but no change. I am assuming that file paths that work in windows would be good with KODI, or is there a limit on how many files it can handle? If anyone can shed some light on this issue it would be most appreciated!
Rar'd videos are the dumbest things to begin with, IMHO. Compressing compressed files and the end result is what... 0.002% file size savings?

Get us a debug log that is captured after one of your scraping sessions. Perhaps can we tell what is going wrong.
These are not Rar' videos they are mp3 and flac music files.
Okay, and where is the debug log? Psychic connections are not my specialty. Smile
Is it possible to get a debug log when KODI is completely locked up?, because that is what happens when it stops scraping.
There are usually two log files, the current kodi.log and the previous kodi.old.log.
The log is too large to post in pastebin. How do I post it?
How big is it?

Some things to reduce the size of your log...

1. Disable "Update library on startup" for both Music and Videos in Settings>Media Settings>Library
2. Once you have Enabled debugging, restart Kodi to clear out the junk in the log

Yes it is possible to get the log when Kodi is locked up. In my signature is a link Debug Log. Instructions are in it. You just have to navigate to the userdata folder, and copy the contents of the file.
The log file is 532KB. That was with update library on startup disabled. I'm guessing that the log file is a lot larger if you have a lot of music files. When I looked at the contents of the log file there is a lot of my music files listed in there.
Oh, that is not big. Pastebin should accept that.

Try this site as they allow slightly larger files... https://paste.ubuntu.com/
Here's hoping I did that right! https://paste.ubuntu.com/25115108/
Almost right. You need to Enable debugging mode in settings>system settings>logging.

Even without that I can see you log is just one big error. We just need the debugging enabled to see what is causing it.

Also, don't redact the log. We need the full log
To be honest I think you need to start again, I'm not going to be able to untangle this. The errors we can see are related to your moving files I expect, but path length is just a red herring. The only path related issue to avoid is starting a folder name with ".", Kodi takes that as hidden and does not scan it.

Start again with your music library.
  • Remove the music source,
  • Clean the music library (from settings > media > music),
  • Ensure that "Fetch additional info on update" is disabled
  • Ensure that "Prefer online info" is disabled.
  • Add music source and scan to library (this just reads the tags embedded in the music files)
All that should be fine so no debug needed, but feedback if the issue is actually tag scanning related.

Assuming it is scraper (album or artist?) related then turn on debugging.
  • Set Universal albums scraper and Universal Artist scraper as the default scarpers
  • Go to the albums node, from the context menu choose "query info for all", and let scraping happen (in background but don't do other things).
  • If that is succesful go to the artists node, from the context menu choose "query info for all", and again let scraping happen.

If something hangs then please paste a link to the log as the other guys have described.

Warning v17.3 (and below) has a bug in that scraping of Musicbrainz is not correctly throttled, hence the server times out if too many requests are made and the result is missing art and info for even well known artists and albums. But the process should not hang.

But I also have to say why on earth use .rar files for music?
Also the log implies you have cuesheets, is that the case?
First off, thanks for the suggestions and ideas you have posted. I have been trying numerous things you have suggested and have made some progress. Did a search for all .rar files hiding in the my music folder and deleted them. Removed the music source, cleaned the library, made sure all settings are as you suggested, added the music source and scanned to library. It was able to do 27% this time before locking up. At this point I don't know how to proceed. Here are both of the logs for you to look at, see what you think.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25122757/

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25122763/
Hello Uncle Dave,

Why do you have two logs? What do each of those represent?

There is not a lot in the logs. There is barely 2 seconds recorded... did you upload the correct ones?
Pages: 1 2