Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Totally stuck and in need of help please .....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a brand new 2017 XGODY Media Player Latest 17.3 Smart Android 6.0 TV BOX Network Streamer 4K box which is apparently running Krypton 17.3 and Android 6.0 Marshmallow.  I would attach a screenshot of the main screen when I switch it on if I only knew how to!.

As you can probably tell I am a total newbie, and floundering.  To add video add-ons, all the instructions start:

The first thing you need to do after launching Kodi Krypton is click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.

But I don't have a Settings Icon in the top left.  That says Home.  There is a Settings over on the right, a little way down, but thats not got System Settings!

Help, how can I find my way around the menu to install addons? 
...... thanks in advance!
You're probably best served by going back to you place you got your streamer and asking for help.

I'd also caution you to read the rules of the forum, a lot of android systems, that come with Kodi pre-installed, also have enabled/installed add-ons that allow piracy. Piracy or banned addons are not allowed to be discussed here.

If you installed Kodi yourself, from the Android store or by downloading it from here... a picture would help. So we can see what you see.
Photos from a smartphone will do as well. Upload them to imgur.com.

As already pointed out: since you mention third-party add-ons on your initial visit here, let me direct you to our piracy policy, as a precaution. With your registration to this forum, you've agreed to that policy. Failing to adhere to this policy will immediately stop our support to you.

"XGODY"... Is that the latest braindead name that people with dollar signs in their eyes can come up with?
O boy.
Without seeing anything else, i recommend a full wipe / reinstall before anything else