Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [split] S905x GooBangDoo device help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently I didn't pick the right Kodi box! I know absolutely nothing about these things, I am an elderly pensioner and slow to pick up how things work, I get there eventually but I need some help (sometimes lots of). I do not understand anything I have seen written on this forum so far, it might as well be in Swahili, so please accept my apologies right off the bat.

I bought an android tv box its a GooBangDoo Android 6.0 TV Box, Amlogic S905x all I want to do is watch a couple of tv programmes from overseas and maybe a couple of movies, but I can't even figure out how to set it up..no instructions.....I managed to navigate to settings and wifi, saw my wifi input my password then it goes to icloud tv but keeps telling me I need to change my dns server and there we have the problem I don't even know what a dns server is let alone where to find it and how to change it.

If anyone can direct to me a place where I can find out, preferably one designed for the elderly and slow that will 'walk me through the set up' I would be most appreciative.

Also can someone please explain to me how to navigate using the remote without it turning up the sound on the tv?

Thank you in advance.
Moved to Android
Kodi is an application for watching local content, not a box, it doesn't sound like you are even using Kodi on this box. Id suggest you contact whoever you bought the box from as it appears to be an issue with whatever applications they have loaded onto it, as it sounds like the help you want is in breach of the site rules, i.e. watching content illegally.

Thanks
First of all, you need to know if you have Kodi installed on the Android box or not. If not, just go to Google Play and install Kodi....
Your naivety suggests you have been told a pack of lies.

Let me try and make this simple, Kodi software is basically for your own personal content (Movies, Video & TV) you have rights to use, Given a web browser running on a computer, you can access some video content directly. Kodi, in this case, can be considered a browser for the web, but if you can't get Swahili TV through your web browser, then it's not likely you get it with Kodi. If all this is flying over your head; let's have a look at https://kodi.tv/addons and see if there is any content you would enjoy? If you don't see anything there and don't have a large personal library, then it's likely you have been sold a pack of lies from someone who is whispering in your ear, 'Free TV'

These boxes are nothing more than computers that run the software, and if a web browser will not get the videos you want to see, then it's very likely Kodi will not be any better. Any mention of illegal access or add-ons will fatten the garbage bin, and no support will be given.

Have a read here https://kodi.tv/article/having-issues-fr...tv-streams Your age and in firmness are not excuses under the eyes of the law, so there will be no hand holding into the waiting arms of pirates that wish to get a hold of your wallet.

Suggestion: take the person (advertisments) who has been whispering in your ear these pack of lies to small claim court for costs, and enjoy protections of the law.
(2017-07-18, 17:40)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]if you can't get Swahili TV through your web browser, then it's not likely you get it with Kodi. If all this is flying over your head; let's have a look at https://kodi.tv/addons and see if there is any content you would enjoy?
Sounds like the OP was after Free/Pirated TV, but I think the Swahili reference went over your head PatK, unless I missed the joke Smile
Reference 'Swahili' and you'll get my war dance Smile