Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Anyone with a reordered homescreen willing to send me their home.xml?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm reading here in the wiki, and I really wanna do this but it just seems incredibly complicated for my feeble mind. Is there anyone with a modified home.xml who'd be willing to send it to me? All I really want is for Videos to be on top of the list, the rest of the order doesn't matter too much to me (but if I was picky, I'd go with Videos, Programs, Music, Pictures, Weather).

You could actually just post the code in your reply, I could work with that.

(In the mean time, I'm gonna post a recommendation in the feature request forum about adding a "Move up"/"Move down" option for the main menu, kinda like how favourites works.)
Start by swapping the programs and videos options over:

1. Find the programs and video buttons in the xml.
2. Swap over their <label> and <onclick> functions.
3. Done.

Not really that hard now is it?
jmarshall Wrote:Start by swapping the programs and videos options over:

1. Find the programs and video buttons in the xml.
2. Swap over their <label> and <onclick> functions.
3. Done.

Not really that hard now is it?

Whoa, if it's that easy why did the wiki make it so complicated?
And will this keep the right image graphics for Videos and Programs or will I have to switch those too?
you will need to switch them too
Yeah, swap over their <visible> conditions should do the trick I think.
What resolution are you editing? I was going to make one but then I realized its different depending on aspect ratio...
SleepyP Wrote:What resolution are you editing? I was going to make one but then I realized its different depending on aspect ratio...

Hey thanks! 16:9
Maybe this will work? Alls I did was swap Programs and Videos. I pulled Home from PAL16x9 in the SourceForge SVN browser and used NotePad2 to do this.
SleepyP Wrote:Maybe this will work? Alls I did was swap Programs and Videos. I pulled Home from PAL16x9 in the SourceForge SVN browser and used NotePad2 to do this.

Hey it worked perfectly! Now if I copy that home.xml to the 4:3 folder would it work just the same do you think?
No because the position tags are different. Its super easy to do though, you only need to swap #2 and #5 in the multiimage controls at the top of the document, and then swap the label and activation code for the two buttons further down in the document. Its like 6 changes total.
Don't forget to save a backup somewhere, since once you copy a new version of XBMC, you will loose that addition again. Or if you build your own, put that file inside the proper location of the custom directory (if using XBMCDBR)