Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add-on not updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I have a strange issue I can't understand how to fix.
Symptom is: I can't scrape info from TMDb. Looking in the forum, I understood that the add-on was not updated. BUT when I try to update, I only have the current version proposed ( TMDb scraper lib 2.14 and TMDb 3.9.3) from the add-on 'update' button. Tried anything I could found from the forum, but nothing helped.
I then noticed that the RSS feed is not showing either... Which make me think that somehow, Kodi is not able to phone home. However, the weather add-on for example works, which proves that network connection is at least partially up.

I'll be glad to post whatever log you think relevant.

Ubuntu 16.04.2 on Kernel 4.4.0-83-generic
Kodi 17.3 Git:20170525-nogitfound

Thanks for your help !
In the Estuary skin, select Add-on from the main menu/home page. Then select "My add-ons".

In that screen pull out the left settings panel and select "Check for updates"

Does that fix it?
Hello Karellen,

Thanks for your reply.
Changed skin, did what you suggested, and it worked fine... TMDb now in 3.9.5.

Im' used to Transparency, is it a bug of the skin, or a delay in the update related to the change of TMDb ? In other words, you suggest to change skin to get back to auto update of add-ons, or it should get back to normal when Transparency will be updated ?

thanks a lot.
CD
Sorry, I misled you with my comment. I did not know which skin you were using, so I used Estuary as the reference.

You should have been able to do that in your skin without changing to Estuary. Updating is not a skin function, so the skin you use is not a factor.

A few people have reported this issue of not updating, but we cannot replicate it, and nobody ever submits a debug log, so we cannot diagnose it.

At least you are operational again. If it happens again, you will know what to do. Smile
OK, thanks a lot.
Hope it will not happen again...