Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stutter when playing videos back to back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I am experiencing a weird behavior where if play videos from a playlist then the second video played will start stuttering heavily. You can't tell there is going to be any problem when the first one i playing but right as the second one starts the stuttering begins. I right click a folder and hit play to setup the playlist.

Once I stop playback Kodi often misbehaves. Menus continue to flicker for a while and Kodi hangs sometimes. If I start a new video the stuttering is gone until the second video.

I have put off dealing with this for a while so I'm not sure when it started happening but I think it came when upgrading to Kodi v17.

I am running a Arch Linux machine dedicated to Kodi. Intel HD Graphics 4000 delivered by i3-3225.

Kodi.log
In the log I boot up the system and start a playlist.
First playback at line 116.
Second playback at line 163.

Please let me know if I missed to provide any information.
Thanks in advance.
Quote:17:33:53.410 T:139809824999168 ERROR: VAAPI::CheckSuccess error: unknown libva error
17:33:53.410 T:139809824999168 NOTICE: VAAPI::Close

Retry with LibreElec from a usb stick. This is a configuration issue of your arch.
The problem is gone running LibreElec but I would still like to solve the problem on my current setup.
Is that possible?
I don't know - it's a distribution issue. The way kodi is packaged, the way your ffmpeg is build and much more (perhaps even only i965-va-driver is not installed) ... please ask on arch forum, perhaps you find the maintainer of the kodi package.
I installed package libva-intel-driver which got rid of the error message you noticed fritsch.
Unfortunately the problem remains.

New log: kodi.log

With new errors:
Code:
T:140403743426304   ERROR: Unable to load /usr/lib/kodi/system/libsse4-x86_64-linux.so, reason: /usr/lib/kodi/system/libsse4-x86_64-linux.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
T:140403743426304   ERROR: VAAPI::SupportsFilter failed loading sse4 lib

Looks like some working in progress regarding this: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/53449

Who knew one should pay attention to error messages in logs...
Thanks for the help fritsch!