Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17.3 IP network issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Kodi 17.3 running on a Sony Android TV (KD-55x8509c). All was fine till the update to 17.3. Post the update the networking is totally screwed. While the TV, is still getting a correct IP address, DNS and gateway settings on DHCP, Kodi has completely different IP network settings, and no gateway address, so no longer can see the outside world - even to update itself. I'm unable to see how to change the IP network settings in system. On the TV I've tried setting a fixed IP address and manually setting DNS and gateway address, still Kodi picks up seemingly random ip (different from the TV again) and no gateway address.

Strangely it will however still access the network and play items from my NAS - which is on a network name and not IP address!

While the TV is on a wired network, there is also a direct Wi-Fi for connecting mobile devices to the TV - which you don't appear to be able to turn off in the TV's settings. It would appear these are being used and not the fixed network for attempting external access by Kodi, but I can't see anyway of telling Kodi which network to use.

Final issue is it only seems to work with 1080p, and I can't set any screen resolutions in Kodi (either higher or lower).