Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EPG doesnt populate, channels play fine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I switched from Openelec/TVH to Windows 7 a few days ago. I installed Kodi krypton which is a new look. I got live TV working fine that evening with Mediaportal2 and am using mc2xml to generate the xmltv file, I have the xmltv plugin activated and on the Mediaportal2 TV Server configuration page under the TV Channels is the TV Mapping section I have all the channels I want to watch in the Channels mapped to card window and on the xmltv plugin section I imported the tvguide.xml file sucessfully with 64 channels imported and 0 program. I then clicked the Mappings tab, ticked the Partial Match box and loaded my channels, they were all red next to them all, under the Guide channel I choose the right Microsoft frequency for each channel (I chose the MS Legacy option during the mc2xml setup, I'll switch to SD after I get the EPG working. Anyway even after assigning each channel the right frequency it stayed red next to each channel.I knew it wasnt right but I saved it and reimported the tvguide.xml, rebooted windows started Kodi again the EPG was empty still. i started the MP2 TV Server Confirguation prog again and opened the xmltv plugin page and and reimported my channels list on the Mappings tab and each box next to each channel is white now. Hovering the mouse over the square it says Already Mapped. Where do you guys think I went wrong?
Does the EPG work in the MediaPortal client? If not, it won't work in Kodi.

Best to get support from the MediaPortal project to get this working first.
(2017-07-25, 08:53)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]Does the EPG work in the MediaPortal client? If not, it won't work in Kodi.

Best to get support from the MediaPortal project to get this working first.

No it doesn't work in the MediaPortal client either. I don't see any configuration settings to change in the MP2 client to change either.