Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crash in vaCreateSurfaces (Linux) called by TestInterop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm building the latest code in "master" and have a crash in vaCreateSurfaces from libdrm-2.4.81-1. It is attempting to dereference a nullptr in ctx->vtable.

It is called by (anonymous namespace)::CVaapiTexture::TestInterop in xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/VideoRenderers/HwDecRender/VaapiEGL.cpp:317.

The crash is immediately upon starting Kodi. I'm running Fedora 25, and everything is up to date.

Is this a known issue, or is there something wrong with my system?
Check stdout. It should print libva info. Had the same issue but it was caused by missing libva driver.
I see a bit of libva output before the crash:

Code:
[matt@lappy build]$ ./_run.sh
+ DISPLAY=:0
+ ../../xbmc/kodi-build/kodi.bin
libva info: VA-API version 0.39.4
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/i915_drv_video.so
libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
./_run.sh: line 2:  5821 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) DISPLAY=:0 ../../xbmc/kodi-build/kodi.bin

I do have libva installed (otherwise the configure step would fail):

Code:
Installed Packages
libva.i686                                          1.7.3-3.fc25                            @updates              
libva.x86_64                                        1.7.3-3.fc25                            @updates              
libva-debuginfo.x86_64                              1.7.3-3.fc25                            @updates-debuginfo    
libva-devel.x86_64                                  1.7.3-3.fc25                            @updates              
libva-vdpau-driver.x86_64                           0.7.4-14.fc24                           @fedora

Any idea what might be missing?
No more crash. Thanks yolk.