Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot copy file to internal storage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I wish to copy a background image file from my NAS to the internal storage of my KODI box. I have done this before, a long time ago, on another system in a different room, but cannot for the life of me remember how I did it! I can navigate to the image I want and display it, I can add the source in file manager but, in the context menu, the is no option to copy the file to storage (/storage/pictures/image.jpg).
I've literally spent hours trying to do what must be so simple but just can't figure it out. Any ideas much appreciated .
Good news - I've remembered how I did it on my old system (Dedicated KODI Box) - by visiting the box's "web page" and adding to the pictures folder there.
Bad news - I can't do it this way on my new system (KODIi on Firestick) - Kodi sideloaded (is this the correct term?) onto Firestick and I cannot view the KODI webpage Huh
Maybe I'm over complicating what should be a simple task - all I want to do is to copy a JPG file to KODIs storage to use as a Homescreen background. Somebody please put me out of my misery !!
I'm assuming you mean kodi's file manager...
Open file manager window.
Navigate to source folder on left hand side.
Navigate to destination folder on right hand side.
Highlight file on the left hand side, bring up the context menu.
Click copy.

Is that what you're doing?
If so which step is failing?
Thankyou so much Troggy !! - The problem was that I was not drilling down enough into the destination folder file structure - it was not until I did that the copy option became available in the context menu (I believe in the later versions of KODI there are a few sub folders - emulated, sdcard0, sdcard1, usbotg that were not present in earlier versions?). With your help I have finally achieved the (very) simple thing I wished to do - which was add a custom background image - Thanks again ;-)
BTW I would have attached the background image here- it looks great when using the "Confluence" skin, but I can't see a way to attach the file ! Blush
Posting an image is like posting a log.

Upload your image here... https://imgbb.com/ (no account required)
Copy the link, to a message here.
Thread marked solved.
OK here is a link to my background https://ibb.co/kkcbvQ it looks great when used with the Confluence skin.

PS When I try to enter the link to my image (copy and paste the above https://ibb.co/kkcbvQ into the requested field) from the rightmost image icon I get the image below (which doesn't look right to me !!)
watch gallery
which is why I entered the link manually ;-)

Just trying it again......

watch gallery

Nope..... Still garbage !!
What are you doing with your images??

Just provide the link as you did for the background image.
Quite simply, when I paste a straightforward link to my image in my message there is no problem, but when I use the dedicated image icon (rightmost one with the 2 mountains/red dot) [im gur]kkcbvQ[/im gur] is shown in my text (I had to add the spaces to show you what I see before I post the message) however when I post the message I immediately get the "Zoinks!" error image. I have only one image in my gallery - it's ID is definately kkcbvQ - I just can't see what I'm doing wrong !