Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: stereo upmix disabled w/ audio passthrough results in a/v out of sync in live tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi 17.3 fronts. MythTV backend. kogi.log at https://pastebin.com/A55vznwx although it doesn't show anything, nor the problem, just pasting it in case you want to see any basic config stuff.

When I have stereo upmix disabled (what I prefer) that video gets ahead of the audio after some time. This is very noticeable on certain stations which do a 5.1 stream for the show but just 2 channel audio for the commercials. Comedy Central is the first culprit that comes to mind.

It was driving me a little nuts at first because I couldn't figure it out, but I now have it narrowed down to this one setting (system settings / audio / stereo upmix) so I can workaround it just fine by keeping stereo upmix enabled (which is the default, I believe).. but I don't like it. Smile

Really, it's not a huge issue. At least knowing the cause and how to workaround it makes me happy, even though I have to deal with some obnoxiously loud stereo commercials from time to time.

Any ideas? Is there anything more I can provide that would be helpful?