Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No subtitles found - for the last 3 weeks now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the last 3 weeks I have the problem that I dont get any subtitles at all.

I use Kodi 17 on a QNAP NAS - it worked great wit subscene which I prefer for subtitles- but for the last 3 weeks whenever I start a movie and then manually go to Subtitles I immediatly get shown "No subtitles found" - theres no "Searching for subtitles beforehand.

I tried many times to enter the manual searchstring - different ways in writing - always the same result.
I also checked with subscene online if subtitles are availabe - and I see that theres a subtitle for my movie available.

Then I installed other AddOns like Argentime and OpenSubtitles - but with same problem - No subtitles found.

I checked all the settings possible - but found no way to set anything - but I also ddnt change anything for the last 3 weeks.

So - has subscene mybe chenged something during the last month ?
Or has anyone an idea what I should check or do ?

I have a broadband internet hee with 16mbps so it cant be a slow connection or timeouts.
debug log (wiki)
Sorry for the delay - I now uploaded the logfile here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25204832/

I checked it myself but Im no pro so maybe I missed something.

All I see is that subscene seems not to give any error in the logfile - and if I use the link in the log I get a listing of availabe subtitles. (Lines 3060+ in the logfile)
ONLY all the time I search in Kodi Subscene immediatly tells me "No subtitles found"
(2017-07-28, 01:48)GoetzPhil Wrote: [ -> ]For the last 3 weeks I have the problem that I dont get any subtitles at all.

I use Kodi 17 on a QNAP NAS - it worked great wit subscene which I prefer for subtitles- but for the last 3 weeks whenever I start a movie and then manually go to Subtitles I immediatly get shown "No subtitles found" - theres no "Searching for subtitles beforehand.

I tried many times to enter the manual searchstring - different ways in writing - always the same result.
I also checked with subscene online if subtitles are availabe - and I see that theres a subtitle for my movie available.

Then I installed other AddOns like Argentime and OpenSubtitles - but with same problem - No subtitles found.

I checked all the settings possible - but found no way to set anything - but I also ddnt change anything for the last 3 weeks.

I have a broadband internet hee with 16mbps so it cant be a slow connection or timeouts.

Did you have an upgrade to the OS in your NAS just before the 3 weeks?

I suspect it is OS related because I have the same problem when I use Kodi 17.3 in the desktop version of Xubuntu 14.04. There is no problem with Xubuntu 16.04 where subtitles are found without any problems, unless there are truly no subtitles for that particular movie or tv show.

I get the same problem with Opensubtitles with an immediate "no subtitles found" in Xubuntu 14.04.

The reason why I am trying Xubuntu 14.04 is bluetooth does not work in 16.04. in 14.04 bluetooth works properly and I use it to connect to bluetooth speakers.

Also, any subtitles that I add manually flicker a bit in 14.04 but are rock steady in 16.04.
(2017-07-28, 01:48)GoetzPhil Wrote: [ -> ]For the last 3 weeks I have the problem that I dont get any subtitles at all.

i have the same issue with Kodi on Qnap with HD station. Subscene, i tried removing and then adding the subscene addon, it was still the same, No Subtitles Found
Have you tried any other subtitle addons?